title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Keep losing the 11,025 stereo 2 kb/sec codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • logan
    • Jul 2005

Keep losing the 11,025 stereo 2 kb/sec codec

Hi, I am a long time user of dBPowerAmp and I've got a bit of a mystery on my hands. For some reason, I keep losing the 11,025 stereo 2Kb/sec codec in my convertor. If I switch from it to another format like 8,000 stereo and then go back the first one is gone from the list. This is very perplexing to me as it only started the last little while. I had version 10 and just last week when I went to convert some mp3's to wav format I noticed that my stereo codec was gone so I came and upgraded to 11 which brought that codec back now it's gone again. The only way I can find to bring it back is to uninstall the program and then reinstall it. Has anyone heard of this and if so how did you fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Logan
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Keep losing the 11,025 stereo 2 kb/sec codec

What format is this? WAV or compressed WAV? If it is a compressed WAV, what type of compressed WAV is it?

Comment

• logan
      • Jul 2005

Hello, Lt.Data;
      I'm trying to convert an mp3 down to a compressed wav format of 11,025 Khz, stereo, 2Kb/sec and for some reason it won't go any lower than 856 kb. If I use the 8,000 Khz, stereo, 2Kb/sec the wav comes out garbled. I'm at my wits end here as I routinely convert mp3's to compressed wavs as they take up less space on my computer. But as I said the wav compression that I want to use, namely 11,025Khz, stereo, 2Kb/sec is gone and none of the others seem to want to work properly when I use them.
      Regards,
      Logan

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Which particular format did you want to use? There are maybe 15 of them in the drop down list for compressed wav and each one in turn has different attributes.

You do realize that any format compressed that much will sound very poor.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Moved to dMC Support.

Comment

Working...

]]>