title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerAmp - how does it work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarkusShakti
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

dBpowerAmp - how does it work?

I have a problem where everything I have ripped in the last 30 days (235 cds) is hosed enough where my new Kenwood car deck will not play them. The aac files somehow got created with variable bit rates...

Rather than ripping all the cds again - I'd like to just do a conversion, m4a -> m4a. If I choose this what exactly happens to the data during the transformation? Is the data reconstituted back to full strength, then simply just re-compressed?

I'd like the results to be of good quality (that's why I'm using aac), so considering the quantity of cds is this an acceptable solution? It's all the same codec, isn't it?

thx
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dBpowerAmp - how does it work?

Transcoding from lossy to lossy, which is what your asking about, is never the best idea. You cannot retrieve the original quality from the compressed aac files, so you will actually lose quality if you reencode your files. The only way you can transcode and not lose quality is if your files are lossless files. See here for more information about lossy, lossless, and various file formats: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/spoons-audio-guide.htm

Comment

Working...

]]>