title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dr.Watson conflict

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kain
    • Jul 2005

Dr.Watson conflict

Everytime I install this program with the "new" service pack from windows I get a conflict error with Dr.watson. In other words when I right click a file after installing this program, the explorer crashes with an error saying something about dr.watson. Is theere something this prgram is doing in the registry I need to fix?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dr.Watson conflict

Right clicking, or right clicking and selecting something? does it crash if you hold the mouse over a file?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kain
      • Jul 2005

I ended up doing a clean reinstall of my whole system, but now im afraid to put this program back in due to the problem I was originally having but it was when I was right clicking something to pull up that menu that gives you all the option for, incuding the dBpowerAMP options when all of a sudden explorer would crash. This started happening after I tried a multi-encode of several wave files, the whole explorer crashed. tried to do a repair from the windows cd thinking that would help, and it did till I installed the second service pack then, it would start crashing again. I finally got fed up and did it a full clean reinstall wiping the whole hard drive. The error message that was popping up was saying dr.watson was the program that was crashing after the right click.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

I have a similar problems but no Dr Watson message - just a plain old Windows Explorer crash, on a hover and right-click over media file names. I have been thinking it's associated with the fact that for me WMP is the program that allows the previewing of the file. It sorts of starts but not quite. It doesn't always happen, but often. I run Windows 2000 pro with all service packs and patches for everyhting - and WMP 9.

The way I see it, as I hover over the file name, getpopupinfo is supposed to start showing me the details, but since I am also right-clicking about the same time this brings in 2 things: the context menu and the WMP module which allows to preview. Somehow all these things don't like to coexist peacefully. If I take my time there's no crash.

Comment

Working...

]]>