title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

irritating noise after conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kcirtap
    • Jul 2005

irritating noise after conversion

today I bought a registered version of dbpoweramp, but everything which gets converted contains a very irritating sound
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: irritating noise after conversion

What type of files are you converting (format, bitrate, frequency, channels, bit settings)? What are the settings you are converting to (same specifications).

Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Check for PowerPack DSP effects and try upgrading to the latest dMC beta (don't uninstall your current registered version, install over-top of it).
      Also, what are the settings of your source and output files?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Can you be more specific?

When you say "convert" do you mean by using dBpowerAMP Music Converter, or dMC Audio CD Input or dMC Auxiliary Input?

What type of file are you converting (with full specs) and to what format are you converting (again, full specs).

Can the files that you attempt to convert play normally in any media player? if so which one?

Also post here the information from dMC Configuration.

Comment

• kcirtap
          • Jul 2005

when I say convert I do mean with dbpower AMP music converter, I tried it today with converting ogg files, but I tried it at different settings with different input files. It always has worked fine with the same settings. I think (not sure) it started when I installed the codec packages for ogg and mp4, or when they expired, that's why I finally bought the program. Now everything sounds like those kazaa files which have been put in by the music industry. I checked, and I think I already have the latest release installed (11). The unconverted files can be played perfectly in winamp.

Patrick

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Does this happen if you convert one of these files to standard wave (16 bit, 44.1 kHz, stereo)?
            If not, try converting to different codecs that you have and see if this occurs with (some, most, all) formats. What are your results? (Tell us the codecs you tried, which ones converted ok, which did not).

Are you trying to convert to or from ogg? If your unconverted files are not Ogg, what format(s) are they in?
            Are you adding any DSP effects from Power Pack with these conversions? If so, please tell us what DSP's you are using.
            Thanks.
            Bill

Comment

• kcirtap
              • Jul 2005

I don't know what DSP is so I guess I'm not using it, I just tried to convert a mp3 file to a smaller one, I converted a flac file into mp3, I converted a mp3 to WAV, and a mp4 to mp3 and they all were perfect, only this time I changed the frequency into "as source" and that probably fixed the problem, though I never changed that setting .... so it's still a bit strange. I use a variable bitrate. 56-256 converting mp3 lame

Patrick

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

DSPs are the effects, most popular of which is probably volume normalization, which the Power Pack allows you to add while converting.

Looks like you have things settled although the "as source" thing is a little strange.
                Before then, were you using 44.1 kHz as your frequency before?

Anyway if you do run across particular conversions that don't work, please let us know but do try to be specific about the formats and settings where these problems are occurring.

Best wishes,
                Bill

Comment

• kcirtap
                  • Jul 2005

I was using 44.1 kh as frequence before. It works fine now for me, and you will know when I have other strange problems. Thank you for your help.

Patrick

Comment

Working...

]]>