title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Display Info In File Explorer (info tag yellow)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne850
    • Jul 2005

Display Info In File Explorer (info tag yellow)

How do you edit this file information. I've tried to do so in WinAmp but not all the information (in the yellow window) showed in some of the files is accessible.

Was this tag information entered by some other ID3 tag editor program other than WinAmp. If so, how do I find out which program. Some of the information, in the yellow window, shows which program did the Encoding: ie Lame 3.91, 3.92, 3.92; Xing (old), (New); FhG(l3enc) etc.

I have several programs which I have used to record my music, Audio Cleaning Lab, Data Becker's MP3 Wizard; Adaptec Easy CD Creator, Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator and several which I tried out from the net but lately I have been using dBpowerAMP Converter.

This one is a real head scratcher :headbang: :headbang:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Display Info In File Explorer (info tag yellow)

It is a PowerPack feature, you turn it on in dMC Configuration
    (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration)

Comment

• wayne850
      • Jul 2005

The feature is in operation however my question is how do you edit this window when you can't access some of the information that is listed in the yellow window. Some of the information is accessible thru "File Info" feature thru WinAmp but some of the Encoders have additional data input fields that are not accessible to edit in WinAmp. Would I have to get that particular encoder in order to edit those fields?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Yes, otherwise dMC won't be able to recognize the formats. All dMC Codecs are in Codec Central, with the link at the top of the page.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

You might want to check out your Help File for Power Pack, specifically the section on dMC Tag editing and utility codecs (go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>Power Pack then click on dMC tag editing and utility codecs). I think you should be able to edit most items on most tags although there are some items that might be customized on particular programs.
          Can you provide some examples of tag elements you have not been able to edit?

B4est wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>