title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't install dbpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spatzi
    • Apr 2005

Can't install dbpoweramp

I had it working all day, then I started getting 'getpopupinfo.exe' errors and it would refuse to convert my flac files. I uninstalled the program, then tried reinstalling, but now it won't install at all. I just get a 'error while running'dbpoweramp\musiconvertor.exe' message. Anyone know what the problem might be? Why would it be working for the last two days, then I get the 'getpopupinfo.exe' errors? And why won't it reinstall? I even removed all the codecs from 'control panel add remove programs'. This drives me crazy. I paid for the program and I can't even use it.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Can't install dbpoweramp

(Moved to dMC Support)
    Follow the uninstall instructions here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828
    Also, download the latest dMC beta linked below, as there are many bug fixes included.
    If you have a registered version, follow the instructions here to get a new registered download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

Comment

• spatzi
      • Apr 2005

Thanks for that link. I have deleted the files. The problem now is that I can't access my registered download. I have the key, but when I try to put it in, I get this message. "this receipt number has been accessed too many times. Try again next week."

Earlier this week, I had problems getting my password accepted and had to try a few times to get to the download.I can't believe there is a limit on my own account, after I already paid for the program. Please don't tell me I can't access my own program until next week? I need it today.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If you need it immediately, you can use the 30-day trial.
        Also, if you need a download and it errors out, send an e-mail here asking for a new registered download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
        Please include pertient information, such as the order number, the U-number, name, e-mail.

Comment

• spatzi
          • Apr 2005

Okay. I just tried the 'free' version (dmc beta version through the link on your response) and installed on a different computer. I then installed the flac codec from the link on the codec page. I tried to convert a flac to mp3 (lame) using 'standard preset' and I get 'error...flac codec could not be opened.' And then I got the 'popupinfo.exe' error as well. I don't know what to do now. I have tried completely wiping out all traces of the program through the registry, re-installing, and it still doesn't work. Now that it doesn't work on two computers, this starts to worry me.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Can you play this FLAC file on any computers? What version of the FLAC codec are you using? The latest is Release 5.2. Check dMC Configuration (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuraiton) for what version you currently have installed and to make sure dMC detected the codec.

Comment

• spatzi
              • Apr 2005

I just tried to play the flac file.

You are a genius. I'm an idiot.

It never occured to me that the flac file itself miight have been corrupt. When I tried to play the file my usual way, with my vlc player, it didn't work. Unfortunately, I now have about six dvd discs that were never burned properly (all from the same day last week, and all cheap media - 100 for $35), and none of the flacs will play. When I play an older flac disc, it worked, and it will also convert with dbpoweramp.

Now, I have really screwed up. I uninstalled the program, and it wasn't even the fault of the program, and I can't get it to reinstall. I assume that if you try to decode a corrupt flac file, you will get a read error or maybe even the 'popupexe' error, correct? Now, I have to try to get the program to reinstall on my main computer and try to fix the damage I caused.
              Man, is my face red. I tell you, you learn something new everyday. From now on, I highly recommend that everyone double check your media after burning, and don't assume that just because you see all the files on the disc, that they are working. And buy decent dvd media. I lost a lot of time and about 24 gigs of music data because I didn't double check after burning. Thanks for the lesson. :o

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Certain codecs themselves can crash internally if the data is not correct, mp3 is pretty robust, some are not as robust.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>