title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with AAC Codec (Release 5)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Problem with AAC Codec (Release 5)

I have tried installing the new AAC encoder/decoder (release 5). I did this after updating to the new mp4 encoder/decoder and updated some other codecs as well. I uninstalled my previous version of AAC. I was able to get it to work for a while. But now I have a problem.

I can play AAC files using this new codec and it appears on my dMC codec menus. However, when I try to rip to AAC (quality setting vbr 300) I get an error box whose title is: "aacenc.exe Unable to Locate Component" with the message: "This application has failed to start because ia32math.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Repeated re-installs (with and without uninstalls and restarts) have had no effect. Yes, I always download my codecs to their default locations and yes I did click to locate the codec in the default location.

Any help on this would be welcome.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problem with AAC Codec (Release 5)

Manually browse dMC's compression folders and make sure that aacenc.exe is where the codec is pointing to.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

The aacenc application file is in the Advanced Audio Coding (CLI) folder in the dMC compression folder. Yes.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I assume you have the AAC codec pointing to it? Did you find the ia32math.dll in the same folder?

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

I assume you have the AAC codec pointing to it?
          Yes.
          Did you find the ia32math.dll in the same folder?
          No. I see no sign of the ia32math.dll. Even did file search of my drives. No luck.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

I'd try a google search for ia32math.dll and see if you can locate a copy then install it into the same folder as accenc.exe

Wayne

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Zip removed as no longer needed.
              Last edited by ChristinaS; July 08, 2005, 01:25 AM. Reason: File not needed

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

Christina & Wayne-
                Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home.
                Can you confirm that the .dll file belongs in the same folder as aacenc.exe?

Bill

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

So far, no good.
                  I get an error on Christina's attachment indicating that the archive is corrupt. I did find another source for the ia32math.dll and placed it in the same folder as aacenc.exe. The one improvement is that I no longer get the error message about the missing .dll. On the other hand, when I try to rip or convert to aac all I get is a 1 kb file which won't play.
                  I guess it is back to trying a few uninstalls/reinstalls but I have a feeling that something else is wrong here.
                  Further suggestions would be welcome if you have any.
                  Thanks,
                  Bill

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Mabye try redownloading the AAC codec and then reinstalling it? Make sure you delete the folder when you uninstall if it isn't done automatically.

Comment

• xoas
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2002

No luck there. Uninstalled. Deleted folder. Redownloaded and installed codec. New install showed faac.exe and ia32math.dll files but no aacenc.exe file. Wouldn't convert even if I pointed the converter to faac.exe.
                      Need to go to bed for now and hope things go better tomorrow.
                      Best wishes,
                      Bill

CORRECTION: The new install showed faac.exe and an Options file. It did not contain either aacenc.exe or the ia32math.dll files. Sorry about the misreporting.
                      Last edited by xoas; July 07, 2005, 04:11 PM. Reason: Mis-report of situation

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

My zip corrupt? Hmmmm.... Not likely, unless the actions of uploading it here and your downloading it corrupted it. I simply zipped the one I have in the folder C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Advanced Audio Coding (CLI) , which works fine for me. I wonder if this file comes in different flavors depending on OS. I am using W2K.

The dll file size is stated as: 688,128 bytes . The zip filesize is 130 KB (134,061 bytes) and size on disk is 132 KB (135,168 bytes) .
                        Last edited by ChristinaS; July 07, 2005, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• xoas
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2002

I think it highly likely that the problem is on my system's part, namely because the situation with this codec continues to deteriorate. Since my last post I deleted my download file for the AAC codec, uninstalled the codec, checked to make sure the folder was removed, restarted my computer, redownloaded the AAC codec from Codec Central, reinstalled. The new AAC codec folder fails to show either aacenc.exe or the ia332math.dll (although I can always add that manually).

I am running XP SP2. Any insights as to why I cannot get a complete install of this codec?

Thanks,
                          Bill
                          Last edited by xoas; July 07, 2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

It was renamed, your older one was psytel, this new one is faac and appears as 'Advanced Audio Coding (CLI)'
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2002

As should go without saying...You are right, Spoon.
                              The new AAC codec does not need aacenc.exe nor ia32math.dll. The faac.exe file and options were all that was needed. The codec is working right, which it was not last night with what appeared to be the same folder contents (codec would act like it was converting but only create 1 kb files).
                              Any way, thanks to all of you for your help and assistance.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>