title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Which Codec Shall I Choose

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allstars
    • Jun 2005

Which Codec Shall I Choose

I've downloaded one music into my computer in avi format but could not convert this to MP3 format. Searching through the Codec Central but could not find avi format hence I do not know which Codec to download into my
    dmpAmp Power Converter. Can someone highlight it to me, thank you.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Which Codec Shall I Choose

dBPowerAMP Music Converter does not have a codec for reading audio off of .avi files. You might want to consider the products mentionned by Neil and Christina in this thread:
    O.K. i got a 54 minute documentary that someone sent me from yousendit.com--o.k. i downloaded the divx 521 from here and everything came out fine thanks to the good people here. Now, i have other music ect. from yousendit.com and it is stored in my music files and when i right click i see the sign for convert/ tag ect.. and

Hope this helps.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Re: Which Codec Shall I Choose

Yay! I was mentioned!

Yeah, try Audacity or VirtualDub. I highly recommend VirtualDub because it can extract audio to WAV compresed format; from there, you can convert with dBpowerAMP Music Converter.

You can get VirtualDub from Sourceforge.

Comment

Working...

]]>