title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Couldn't convert from RIFFWAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AOn
    • Jun 2005

Couldn't convert from RIFFWAV

I have audiofiles according to the Daisy-standard. The audiofiles have wav-extensions.
    The Daisy-standard says that the audioformat is:
    Linear PCM - RIFF WAVE format. File extension wav.

I'm getting a error message when trying to convert the files, the right codec isn't installed.
    Does anyone have a solution for this problem.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Couldn't convert from RIFFWAV

Can you play these "RIFF WAVE" files?
    Can you tell us what the settings for these files is in terms of frequency, number of channels, or compression (kbs)?
    What are you trying to convert to?

I believe your audiofiles are in an atypical, probably compressed, WAVE format. I think you might be able to convert these files using Music Converter but without more information I am at a loss to tell you exactly how to proceed.
    Best wishes,
    Bill mikkelsen

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Try this, mabye: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8017

Comment

• AOn
        • Jun 2005

Hello
        I try to convert to MP3.

No I'm not able to play the files with my current installation, Windows Media player 10. I have found a codec on http://www.daisy.org/tpbreader/index.asp?lang=en
        so perhaps next step is install the codec and after that find a way to have dBpowerAMP converter to work with that codec.

I will also look at the files to try to find out the parameters you mentioned.

Thank you AOn
        Last edited by AOn; July 04, 2005, 11:26 AM. Reason: supplementary details

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

I was able to find out a little more about this. I will pass it on in the hope it may prove helpful.
          Daisy standard is an acronym for Digital Accessible Information SYsytem and was developed to provide enhanced multimedia talking books for people with visual handicaps or who might otherwise be print-impaired. The Daisy consortium has set standards for various types of such digital files. Although some Daisy standard files may only have audio data, it appears that most will have additional information included that allow such enhancements as being able to "open" the talking book to any page you like or to follow the talking book using a corresponding braille or standard text.
          Because these files contain more than just audio, my very strong suspicion is that you would not be able to convert them directly. You will need a program equipped to play these files. The Daisy Consortium offers the freeware tpbreader program which (as you have probably seen) is available here:

Other information about Daisy and Daisy standard readers can be found here:
          Bookshare - Accessible Books for Individuals with Print Disabilities"

What you can do, if you have a program to read these Daisy standard files, is to record the audio off of these files as you play them on the computer (or you could use the line-input to record from an external player). You would do this using the dMC Auxilary Input. Instructions for this procedure can be found in the FAQ for Music Converter here:
          dMC Auxiliary Input is used to record audio to your hard drive from what is being played through your soundcard. Applications include transferring cassettes or vinyl to your pc for further processing and perhaps for burning to audio cd, capturing streaming audio which cannot be downloaded and converting the audio from

Of course, the results will be unenhanced audio only files.
          Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>