title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp causes slowdowns in other applications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

dbpoweramp causes slowdowns in other applications

I've noticed a problem concerning dbPoweramp running beside mIRC under windows XP. It seems i get random locks when doing a batch list conversion.

mIRC in these instances can lock and hang for up to 60 seconds at a time. Could this have something to do with the thread priority given to dbpoweramp? The problem seems to occur for me when converting from MP3 to OGG Vorbis. I'm not sure if other conversions similarly effect the system. Other applications don't seem bothered.

I'm running:

windowsXP Professional
    352mb PC 133 Ram
    abit KT-133a mainboard
    athlon thunderbird 1Ghz processor
    dbpoweramp 9a
    file selector 4a

any ideas?

thanks,

Benjamin Kuz

ben(*at*)slax0rnet.com
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

By default dBpowerAMP Music Converter runs at a default priority, if you install the Power Pack, on the converting page you could set the priority to a lower one - or even 'idle'.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ddominey86
      • Aug 2002

:happy: look guys, down't listen to spoon on the power pack priority setting if you have windows 2000 or windows xp

all you have to do is press alt+ctrl+del then goto the processes tab and right click on musicconverter.exe and goto set priority the set to bellow normal or low

Comment

Working...

]]>