title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DirectShow filter for '.rm' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p3z
    • Jun 2005

DirectShow filter for '.rm' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt.

Hello

AT first i say: sry i look in the forums but cant find any help!

ok, i hav installed poweramp, directshow, mp3blade and lame ...

yesterday on win2000....NO problems to encode to MP3 (from .RM)

ok some hours later i had crash...lost all data, maybe a virus..dont know

...ok forget this and read

my actually problem is: installed windows XP
    directX9c
    after this the same like @ top...poweramp, directshow etc.

SO
    converter means:

""" The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\file.rm' could not be opened.
    DirectShow filter for '.rm' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt. """

i tryed to use other mp3 encoder blade/lame

nothing will work!!!! secondary i installed all new, but dont work anyway!!

so WHY ?? pls help!! i wont install win2000 again for converting an realmedia file =(

(sry for angry english speaking, but iam english newbie so its the best what i can :>> )

so far
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Re: DirectShow filter for '.rm' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt.

Did you also install "Real Alternative" including Media Player Classic?

Comment

• p3z
      • Jun 2005

omg! TX !! :yawn:

i do this yesterday, just forgot 2 do this today now!!
      iam so sry

ok, it works fine!! :komisch9:

so thx, nice forums here :D

:smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

(i don't know ...but maybe u can add this usefull "tip" 2 the codec-central! just an idea ! )
      Last edited by p3z; June 27, 2005, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

From Codec Central:
        Real Audio Decoder is handled through DirectShow filters, download: dBpowerAMPs DirectShow Codec (Reader) important read the page fully on how to setup DirectShow (by downloading Real Alternative)
        From the DS Decoder page
        Real Audio: Download 'Real Alternative' from http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1054136293/1 (or search in Google for Real Alternative) add .ra .rpm .rm .ram .rmvb all on separate lines to Configure DirectShow Decoder
        Is this not clear enough?

Comment

• p3z
          • Jun 2005

yeah thx :P

Comment

• kony
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by adaywayne
            Did you also install "Real Alternative" including Media Player Classic?

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...e/1054136293/1
            hi the same thing happened to me , i got the "DirectShow filter for .rm not installed" message...but i followed all the steps...

1)download codec DirectShow from dBpowerAMP http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dB...ShowDecoder.exe

2)add the .rm extension on a new line in the DSEext file...

3)but when i wanted to download real alternative as it seems that this has to be done to complete the process, windows asked me if i wanted to replace my current Real player par Real alternative, which i don't want.
            i wanna keep real player.
            so i exited the installation cause i was afraid that having both players might get my system in trouble.

but now dBpowerAMP would not convert my .rm to mp3.

So how can i do ? i thought the need to install real alternative was only necessary for those who didn't have any .rm player on their system ?

i even tried to download the other codec on this site (the one that encode in mp3 in real time...the last resort solution as introduced here) and it won't work neither !!!!

i tried on various .rm file so it's not a corrupted file issue...

please help !!!

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

REBOOT!

Comment

• kony
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ChristinaS
                REBOOT!
                u mean reboot the system or just the DbPower aplication ?

well in the meantime i uninstalled all the previous Codecs as they were not working... the only one i kept is the dBpowerAMP-codec-ra which was the one that encode slower in real time...but it doesn't work either...

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Install Real Alternative & DirectShow.
                  Run dMC Configuration.
                  Add filters for .ra and .rm . Save file.
                  Reboot the PC.
                  Last edited by ChristinaS; September 04, 2005, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

And uninstall your current real-time encoder. You may be confusing dMC.

Comment

• kony
                      • Sep 2005

ok i'll do this (to unistall it i just have to go to program files and delete it right ? that's how i uninstalled the other encoders)...

And how many of you have kept Real player at the same time as real Alternative without incimpatibiity troubles ?

i don't wanna get rid of real player.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

To uninstall you go to Start> Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the components from there. Do not delete files yourself, you'll mess it up.

If you don't want to uninstall Real Player when installing Real Alternative you will possibly have some problems as I had. The problems were not in Real Player nor the DirectShow codec, but in GetPopUpInfo.

Comment

• kony
                          • Sep 2005

ok fine...i'm just gonna give this up...i don't intend to get rid of Real Player.

Thank you all.

Comment

• Snoopy66
                            • Aug 2005

Hello,
                            I have tried all the steps mentioned in the posts here on this topic. I could convert Real Audio no problems, and now yesterday I could not. I uninstalled Real Player and Real Alternative and then installed Real Alternative and did the steps mentioned and i am still getting the error mentioned

""" The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\file.rm' could not be opened.
                            DirectShow filter for '.rm' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt. """

Any more sugestions? The only thing I can think of that I installed since this problem is Adobe Audition 2.0. Could this be causing any problems?

Thanks for the help

Comment

• ChristinaS
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2004

Possibly. Problems have been reported with files created by Adobe Auditions, due to its creating 20 to 32-bit files, rather than 16-bit as required for mp3 conversion.

However your problem involves converting from Real Media to something else, so it's not immediately apparent how Adobe Audition may come into play.

You could try uninstalling Adobe Audition to see if it makes a difference.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

Working...

]]>