title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

bought today and i'm struggling

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adamT
    • Jun 2005

bought today and i'm struggling

the convertor will not allow me to choose where the converted files go,i can browse for new location but not change to that, its just stuck on source folder.but its not putting them there and its not deleting the source files either.

also i have some large music files (1 hr long) that i am cutting up into 15 with a file splitter, then when i write to cd the cd writer is putting a couple of seconds silence at the end of each section.creating a stop start effect.what a waste of 3 cds already.

help!please! :(
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: bought today and i'm struggling

Originally posted by adamT
    the convertor will not allow me to choose where the converted files go,i can browse for new location but not change to that, its just stuck on source folder.but its not putting them there and its not deleting the source files either.

also i have some large music files (1 hr long) that i am cutting up into 15 with a file splitter, then when i write to cd the cd writer is putting a couple of seconds silence at the end of each section.creating a stop start effect.what a waste of 3 cds already.

help!please! :(
    dBpowerAMP CD Writer is not gapless.

Dowloand the latest beta for dMC and install it on top of what you have (do not uninstall first). This should allow a proper change of folder for the destination files.

Take my word, don't delete your source files until after the conversion is done and your'e satisfied. Otherwise you may be sorry.

Comment

• Tomb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2003

Use Burrrn to burn your CD's if as Christina says that the CD Writer is not gapless. (which i'm surprised at!).

Burrrn is gapless by default and you can apply replay gain, which is far better than normalizing, during the burrn process.

Comment

• adamT
        • Jun 2005

ok i'm officially amazed that a program this good doesnt have a gapless option.thanks for your help guys, where exactly do i get this latest beta version? i only downloaded the registered version today!

Comment

• ddgx
          • Jun 2005

no gapless???-guess i just wasted $25.i just 20 minutes ago purchesed this to burn my lossless collection without haveing to convert to wave 1st.If i had known i would not have purchesed this.This Imformation SHOULD be included in product description-if i had known i would NOT have purchesed! :vmad: :thumbdown
          Last edited by ddgx; June 26, 2005, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Folks, there is a reason we have a 30-day trial for these products. Its so you can make sure you like the product before you purchase. The trial is fully-featured. See here:
            All programs have a full 30 day full trial, before purchasing check the program functions as required, refunds cannot be given after registered program is downloaded.
            Also, if you would have searched the forums before purchasing, you would have seen multiple threads regarding this.

As for why dBpowerAMP CD Writer isn't gapless, I seem to remember that Spoon is dependant on a third-party for some of the CD burning process, and their part of the program doesn't do gapless CDs.

Comment

Working...

]]>