title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

From Ape to Wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mich
    • Jun 2005

From Ape to Wav

Hi, maybe somebody can help me out.
    I'am a newby on this forum and using this program for the first time.
    When I'm converting an *.ape file to wave there's just 1 track. That simply means I cannot skip from 1 track to the other.
    What can I change so I can see all the tracks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: From Ape to Wav

Do you have a .cue file for your ape files? dMC doesn't currently support cue files, sorry.

Comment

• Mich
      • Jun 2005

Yes I have a cue file. So anyway, this means in stead 10 or 14 tracks I have 1 big one, right?
      Maybe you can tell me if there will be an update in the future.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Right, the cue file tells supporting players where the track splits are in your ape file. You could manually split you file, though, or mabye find a program that can split it.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Uh...out of curiosity, which programs implement CUE files and can split the APE file?

As for splitting manually, use Audacity at http://audacity.sourceforge.net . It's manual though, and you need to convert that APE file to some other format first..

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

I know of cue files being associated with wav, ape and mp3 files. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a single program that can handle them all.

Wayne

Comment

• good_reason
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Wayne
              I know of cue files being associated with wav, ape and mp3 files. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a single program that can handle them all.

Wayne
              foobar2000 0.8.3 can

Comment

• Tigerman
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Mar 2005

After conversion to wav, you can split the wav-file into separate tracks with exactaudiocopy (under tools). Be sure the cue-file points to the right wav-file.
                Exact Audio Copy is a so called audio grabber for CDs using standard CD and DVD-ROM drives. The main differences

I would apreciate a tool that can split ape, flac, etc. without conversion to wave first.

Comment

Working...

]]>