title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems converting WAV to WMA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayorr
    • Jun 2005

Problems converting WAV to WMA

I have ripped several tracks from my CD using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and stored them on HD as WAV files. When I open dMC to convert them to WMA format all appears to go well, but the finished file size is only 5KB! The track name of the converted file matches the track name in the WAV file.

If I rip them directly from the CD using dMC, the wma files are good, but the track names appear as Track01.wma instead of the name on the CD.

I am using the version I just bought (registered version) today. The prior trial version did not exhibit this behavior.

I have WinXP, SP2. WMA compression settings are: 64kbps, 44kHz, stereo 2-pass VBR. WAV file is PCM, 48000, 2 channel, 16 bit.

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to convert the WAV to WMA?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problems converting WAV to WMA

Try converting the WAV to a 44100Hz WAV with the other settings the same and then converting to WMA. Some codecs don't like 48000Hz.
    Also, regarding the CD name issue, did you rip the CD using Audio CD Input?

Comment

• rayorr
      • Jun 2005

Re: Problems converting WAV to WMA

Thanks! Changing the WAV file from 48000 to 44100 allowed the CODEC to convert with no problems. In fact, it only required 9 seconds to convert the 4:42 track - the previous efforts required 42 seconds to get nothing.

Second, when I rip the tracks using the Audio CD Input all the track names are preserved. And, when I rip directly to WMA format the entire process took only 23 seconds for the same 4:42 track! That's fast - and easier than I imagined.

I'm a happy camper now!

Comment

Working...

]]>