title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

track number in tag when converting from wma lossless to m4a

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volker
    • Jun 2005

track number in tag when converting from wma lossless to m4a

Converting my wma lossless files to m4a 128 kbit/s for transfer on my ipot the track number of the respectiv file ID tag of the wma file is not preserved but increased by one. I used the dbpower itunes codec, which primarly is intended for conversion to Apple lossless.

Since this has happend also sometimes when I used the wma conversion function of Itunes directly I first assumed, that this is an bug of itunes. Then I noted that Win XP shows in the explorer the track numbers as 1, 2, 3, ... for the wma files whereas the dBpowerAmp file information box popping up shows the track numbers as 2, 3, 4, ... How can this be the case? Is there a pecularity of the tags? Eg., most of me track numbers in the wma files have the format 1, 2, 3, 4, ... instead of 01, 02, 03, 04, ....

For the ipod the track number is of no concern, so that this effect is no big problem for me. However, it would be nice if dBpowerAmp would interpret the ID tags in the same way as the relevant Microsoft tools and programs.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: track number in tag when converting from wma lossless to m4a

Someone else pointed out this peculiarity, it looks like a definate bug and will be corrected ASAP.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>