title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

computer restarts in the middle of rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrometheusCon
    • Jun 2005

computer restarts in the middle of rip

Does like it says. This is actually on my sister's computer. I can do it fine. I downloaded the newest version for her and in the middle of ripping a "Ben Fold Five" CD, her computer restarted. Anyone else havethis problem before and know how to fix it? I have an older version of DbPowerAmp (no help feature/rocket ship) and it works fine.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: computer restarts in the middle of rip

What format are you ripping to? Can you convert songs from one format to another without it crashing? I ask this because it might be that the computer is overheating while ripping and converting the CD. Can you rip the CD to WAV without it crashing?

Comment

• PrometheusCon
      • Jun 2005

I am doing cda to mp3 (lame) at 256 kbp. I no longer think it is your program because when her computer was doing it on windows media, it did the same thing. Maybe her bios temperature safeguard to shutdown when overheating is too low?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Or mabye her computer is getting too hot. Check the BIOS overheat temperature and what its temperature is after the computer shuts down.

Comment

Working...

]]>