title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Removing silence from end and begining of tracks.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ingramje
    • Jun 2005

Removing silence from end and begining of tracks.

Hello, I've got a questioin on how to remove the silence before and at the end of a track. I've tried converting a small MP3 with lots of silence at the end of the track and used the default settings, but it didn't remove any of the silence. I've tried several other settings such as I even set "Silence signal below 50% of Maximum" and even "or +50db" at a different time. Niether setting seemed to remove any of the silence. What am I doing wrong? This file has no noise in it, it was recorded digitally right here on my computer from a digital source. What settings/values do I need to "tweak" in order for it to remove silence? Thanks, Jeff
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Removing silence from end and begining of tracks.

Try using the "Trim" DSP and giving it the seconds of silence it is to remove.

Comment

• ingramje
      • Jun 2005

Only problem is that I need to do this with a batch of files and that time will vary from song to song. That's why I wanted to use the "Remove Silence DSP".

Does anybody know how to correctly use this DSP? Or is there any documentation I can refer to?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

If it doesn't work, try this program called Audacity Sound Editor. It always works.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ingramje
          Only problem is that I need to do this with a batch of files and that time will vary from song to song. That's why I wanted to use the "Remove Silence DSP".

Does anybody know how to correctly use this DSP? Or is there any documentation I can refer to?

Thanks,

Jeff
          It's strange that you didn't manage to get it working just with setting the silence threshold.

Comment

Working...

]]>