title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag Display question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfkaess
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Tag Display question

I have registered MMC and Powerpack, and installed the utility codecs. I am trying to edit many of my mp3 and ape files to add tag information. Using the Edit Tag option and the Rename using filename options, I have successfully been able to add tags that are visible with the mouse rollover in explorer, but they do NOT show up in the dbpowerAMP Player display. I am using the latest beta 6 of the player and the dualpro skin.

My degaults for ID taging show Smart APE2 and ID3v1 (set to 1.1) for mp3's and APE2 for ape files. Those that I have edited or converted using filename show up in mouse rollover, but not in the disply of power amp where only the file name shows up, not artist, album, etc

What am I missing or doing wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag Display question

Select the audio files in 'My Music Collection' right click and select the option to reload the database from the id tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Note there are two options, you do not want the one that writes over the id tags from your music collection.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jfkaess
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2005

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize that the display of the player comes form the music collection.

Is there a one command way to have the music collection rescan and update all my files - I add new ones and delete old ones, and update tags, etc, so my collection is not stable.

I know I can clear and rescan. Is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

John

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If they are renamed you are best to remove the files and re-add them to mmc.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>