title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

where are file selector/aux input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottydog90
    • May 2005

where are file selector/aux input

pardon my ignorance but where are dmc file selector and dmc auxiliary input for download?? they are not on codec central??
    i use dmc 10 and its flawless.....have tried dmc 11 and don't like the thought of 30 days mp3 blah blah blah.
    i know the usual etiquette is to search the forums but after 30 mins it gets a bit frustrating......
    also we must get round drm protection from napster files....it seems utterly ridiculous to copy protect something that can be burnt to cd then ripped to mp3 as easy as abc...surely the legal internet profession had a "doh" moment here. :komisch9:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: where are file selector/aux input

They are no longer available for separate download since they are now included in Release 11.

As for copy-protection, pretty much all of it can be easily bypassed. It just makes it harder on the people that want to go the legal way. Go figure.

Comment

• scottydog90
      • May 2005

fair enough but why not have a download page for all the old versions???
      advancing technology is not always the best.
      sometimes the older versions were better.
      i just hope dbpoweramp doesn't go the way of nero burning rom and become big and bloated just to be all things to all men.small,sleek and fast and reliable is better..oh well just a thought............. :komisch12

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I know there isn't a download page for dMC r10 since it doesn't have a legal mp3 encoder. Since this doesn't exist, the separate installers for Aux. Input and File Selector were probably also removed.

As for the 30-day thing, why not just pay the $14 and use Release 11?
        And I think Spoon is trying to prevent dBpowerAMP from becoming bloated and still have lots of features.

Comment

• scottydog90
          • May 2005

i thought lame was a perfectly free and open source mp3 encoder??
          so much mp3 encoding is legit so paying $14 doesn't even get off the runway.
          it all seems so pointless as 10 minutes searching around the net and i've located file selector/aux input (version 8?) and again its all working flawlessly.
          keep up the good work

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

The encoder is free but using it requires a license - patent regulations.

That would apply to all other programs too which may appear to be free now, but maybe they haven't been hit with an injunction yet - or have chosen to ignore it.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

See here for the mp3 encoder stuff: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5399

Comment

• scottydog90
                • May 2005

facinating reading..yet again the small guy gets shafted..
                why not use ogg...infinately better
                i don't bother with mp3...i use poweramp to encode everything to ogg.
                i feel sorry for spoon...much effort put in then down swoops the man............

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

That's great that you like OGG Vorbis.

as for mp3, you can use Command Prompt to encode the mp3s if you're that desperate, but like LtData said, why not just cough up those few 14 bucks?

Comment

Working...

]]>