title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How Do I Add A Non-dbPowerAmp Installed Codec to dbPowerAmp?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cad
    • May 2005

How Do I Add A Non-dbPowerAmp Installed Codec to dbPowerAmp?

[SIZE=2]I already have other codecs installed on this PC which I would like to use with dbPowerAmp. Am I right in thinking that the only way to install codecs is from Codec Central here? If so, I presume none of my existing codecs can be installed into dbPowerAmp—is that right?
    Thanks for your help and patience![/SIZE]
  • Tomb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2003

Re: How Do I Add A Non-dbPowerAmp Installed Codec to dbPowerAmp?

You can use other codecs via the generic CLI codec which is available from Codec central. An understanding of the command line is a must if using this.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: How Do I Add A Non-dbPowerAmp Installed Codec to dbPowerAmp?

The generic CLI codec only works if your codec has an .exe file it uses to encode. Generic CLI Codecs won't decode files, IIRC. Are these codecs DirectShow filters? If so, install the dMC DirectShow Decoder Codec from Codec Cental under Audible. Also, if there IS a dMC Codec for a format you have, use the dMC Codec instead of hte one you already have.

Normally, to encode to files, you have to use the codecs from Codec Central or the Generic CLI Codec and the format's .exe encoder file.

Edit: There is also the Winamp Input Adapter that works for some Winamp codecs. However, this only lets you decode these files.
      Last edited by LtData; May 29, 2005, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>