title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

getting a message that"The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Track01.c

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rushabhm
    • May 2005

getting a message that"The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Track01.c

How do i convert the same to mp3 for my psp, am using XP and logged on as administrator. tried the audio cd input ...does not work.... :(
    Last edited by rushabhm; May 23, 2005, 08:29 PM.
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: getting a message that"The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Track01.c

.c is a C programming language file.... Shouldn't have to do with audio codecs at all....

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Re: getting a message that"The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Track01.c

Originally posted by rushabhm
      How do i convert the same to mp3 for my psp, am using XP and logged on as administrator. tried the audio cd input ...does not work.... :(
      And how exaclty did that file called Track01.c get to be on yrou desktop?

Incidentlaly it's probably Track01.cda and my educated guess is that you copied it from an audio cd by simply clicking on the track listing and pasting on yoru desktop. This file is only a pointer to actual audio infromation on teh cd and means nothing outside of the cd itself.

If what you want is to convert a track from an audio cd to mp3 then you have to use either dMC Audio CD Input and rip the track from the cd itself, or use Windows Explorer and point to the track on the cd drive and use right click and Conver to (which starts dMC for that track), or start dMC and use the built-in browser to navigate to the cd drive and seelct the track to be converted.

3 ways to do it, none of them involves copying the track01.cda file from teh cd to your desktop which is a meaningless file at that point.

Furthermore any conversion to mp3 requires that you have the registred version of dMC (due to mp3 license requirements) or that you have an unexpired trial version of dMC.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

There's a fourth method also:

Open up MusicConverter.exe. Find the drive that contains your audio CD. Then find the CDA file that you wish to convert to mp3. After finding it, convert it to whatever specifications that you want.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
          There's a fourth method also:

Open up MusicConverter.exe. Find the drive that contains your audio CD. Then find the CDA file that you wish to convert to mp3. After finding it, convert it to whatever specifications that you want.
          This was the third method I just gave :D

Comment

Working...

]]>