title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PowerAmp won't stop!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuparboy
    • Dec 2003

PowerAmp won't stop!

Not really. What is happening is that at the end of a track the player will not release the file (the wee arrow stays red) and it will not move on to the next random or enqueued track.

I have just suffered a major crash and had to start with a clean install of WinXP Service Pack 2 - I managed to save my music!

Could it be that I have to reinstall dbpowerAmp? If so, how can I do so without having to reload all 3.000 tracks, the tags of many of which have to be edited?

My sound drivers atre Via Vinyl

Thanks for any suggestions.

I should add that doing it manually with the play/stop button works just fine.
    Last edited by cuparboy; May 23, 2005, 12:34 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: PowerAmp won't stop!

Try the latest beta version.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cuparboy
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try the latest beta version.
      I'd love to but where is it and do I just install over the top (I am already using version 2)

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

A huge update for dMC, now is final release (out of beta), will be posted on main website in 1 weeks time, download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dMC-r11.5.exe 2.1MB ================================================ Highlights: mp3 decoder huge update: freeform mp3 files, mp2+mp1 files, lame tag reading mp3 lame

Comment

• cuparboy
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ChristinaS
          Sorry. I must be getting too old or tired or something, but that link is for the convertor and I am on about the player. Am I just being incredibly dense?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

No, it's not you :D

I didn't realize it was about the player.

All beta information is here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 - but I'm not sure which is the actual latest bit you need.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Try the link in my sig, if you haven't found it yet.

Comment

• cuparboy
                • Dec 2003

Thanks, "lootenant", that has worked a treat - I guess I'll have to get used to the kaleidoscopic mickey mouse symbols which have (hopefully temporarily) replaced the guitar! :smile2: :smile2:

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

You can change that via "Install Options" under Start --> Programs --> dbPowerAmp --> Configuration --> Install Options.

Comment

• cuparboy
                    • Dec 2003

Thanks for that - I didn't kmow how to get to that screen again.

Problem is that of the options offered none is the three circles which my poweramp is showing at the moment! (It shows guitar, disc, speaker and jukebox with the guitar showing at the moment.) In mmc and in all Windows files I am getting three coloured circles - blue, green and red.

The background colour of mmc is now white and the "adjust tag" display has become piebald with large bits whited out but the controls are all there.

Apart from these minor irritations it is working perfectly and has returned to the excellent programme we all like so much - thanks again, Spoon!
                    Last edited by cuparboy; May 26, 2005, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>