title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cannot record hard drive music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: cannot record hard drive music

Maybe his soundcard doesn't have the ability to record what you playing. They say nothing beats a picture so here goes. When I click on the Auxiliary Input Source Select button the following window opens:

By ensuring that only "What U Hear" is selected I can record anything that I listen to through the speakers. Most of the others are for inputs to my sound card external to my PC.

If you do not have the ability to record what you hear you may have to connect the line-out on your PC to the line-in.

Wayne

Comment

• cruxshadow
      • May 2005

i did,isnt the VU meter supposed to move and be a colour other than grey?
      i didnt get that screen,all i get is the Fpink volume control
      and when i change the record source,and click the volume in the test record screen,i get the fpink volume bar EVERY time
      by the way,when you minimize the program,does it have the name of
      dBpowerAMP music c...(converter-input)

Comment

• cruxshadow
        • May 2005

and also i noticed in the walkthrough,the Test recording meter had red volume bars,i have none but the speaker beside it indicates there are waves in front of it,and i tried to raise the recording volume and just cant seem to bring it up. :cry: and how did you get to your volume control? :(

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Please get to know your own computer. And follow instructions properly. I cannot repeat over an over everyhting.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

Have you tried updating the Auxiliary Inputs options?

What do you get when you click on the Input Source Select button? See screenshot below.

Wayne

Comment

• cruxshadow
              • May 2005

thank you for your time guys,but i found another way to record,like using a double jacked connection(like one jack on the end of headphones)i cut 2 in half andwrapped them together and they work alright but tomarrow ill solder them together and hopefully work alot better.

i still didnt get that volume screen but thats alright cuz i found the way around.

:komisch12

Comment

• cruxshadow
                • May 2005

i now know about the VU meter but is it better if the meter is all the way red or should it be just about full?

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

It should not be red. I may go into red once in a while and not stay there more than a fraction of a second, that's ok. If it's in the red a lot of the time the audio will be seriously distorted, as it's way too loud coming in. You have to lower the volume of the source until the VU meter stays green with just the occasional incursion into orange or a bit of red.

Comment

• cruxshadow
                    • May 2005

oooooh ok,so it should be somewhere in the middle or just about red huh?
                    will it still go into the red if the music is turned down?cuz i used two wires that were choped and put the ends in water for the best connection i could get(i know water conducts electricity and wanted the best connection possable)
                    do you guys play it from a speaker into the microphone or do you guys have a double jacked wire for the output-to-input? :komisch12

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Actually, you should be able to select a setting that loops the audio without having to connect the line in to the line out. Try Stereo Mix. Also, its probably staying in the red a lot due to noise. Connect one wire from each set together, but do NOT allow the pairs to touch. In other words, connect wire 1 from one wire to wire 1 on the other wire and wire 2 to wire 2, etc. Don't connect wire 2 to wire 1.

Comment

Working...

]]>