title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio CD not recognized

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Audio CD not recognized

I am running Windows 98 se. I have a SONY CD-RW and an I/O Magic DVD Rom. When I attempt to RIP using either drive using dmc audio CD input all I get is insert audio Cd. Checking the options button shows no Drive to be selected. I followed all instructions and loaded the Adaptec ASPI drivers, and now I still have no drive to be selected, BUT I ALSO cannot get my Power DVD to run a DVD ROM. It says I have an ESDI-ASPI Incompatibility problem. How about some help getting this appearent problem solved?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Try the ASPI version checking program and my ASPI drive lister program also in support >> audio cd input section of this web site.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Sppon,
      I have been through all of that, including downloading the third party ASPi checkers of both Adaptec and the third party. The checkers say every thing is in order, yet the ripper does not work. I am reasonably familiar with the win 98 operating system and before I start chasing through the internet for other solutions I was hoping for some help out of the programs author. Please?

Don Stewart

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Stroppy

You need to run:

My own ASPI Drive Lister - this will simply ask ASPI what devices are present on your system, listing them all (including hard disc drives). An Example from running on my system:
        Adaptor 0, Target 0, Lun 0, SCSI Type: Disk, ASPI Type: Disk [Maxtor 3 - 1536U2 ]
        Adaptor 1, Target 0, Lun 0, SCSI Type: CDROM, ASPI Type: CDROM [PHILIPS - CDD3610 CD-R/RW ]
        Adaptor 2, Target 1, Lun 0, SCSI Type: CDROM, ASPI Type: CDROM [TOSHIBA - CD-ROM XM-5701TA]

Post hte results it will give an idea of what is happening in the system.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I downloaded your ASPI Checker and this is what I Got
          "Unable to init ASPI
          The DLL or other components are installed wrong."

What do I do Now? Keep in mind that I have already downloaded and run the Adaptec 4.71 ASPI program.

Thanks for your help

Don Stewart

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I think you would have to manually search out the aspi components and delete them, it sounds like there are multiple ones on your computer. Then install the update.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

ASPI components deleted. Adaptec ASPI installer run. ASPI Check Run - new message "Init returned:No Adaptors."

What next?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Out of ideas - something is really screwed.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks for the help. I like the setup of your programs and want to use them. I will take the time to find out whats wrong with my setup and let you know what the fix is for your knowledge base.

Don Stewart

Comment

• Unregistered

Finally got it working. It was a hardware/software conflict. I had to delete DVD & CD from the systems file in the Control Panel, Delete all CDR/RW software, All DVD player software, Clean up the registry, reload dBpowerAMP, Adaptec ASPI 4.57 and let win98 reload the hardware and walla!! 6 hours later the CD and DVD players were recognized and I could rip music fram a CD using dBpowerAMP software.

Don Stewart

Comment

Working...

]]>