title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The Wav Pack only had the .wv extension, not the .wvc, the one I wanted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephencowie

• May 2005

The Wav Pack only had the .wv extension, not the .wvc, the one I wanted

I have downloaded the 'Lossless' Wav Pack in order to convert .wv & .wvc files back into Wav format. But having installed it, the only file format it recognised was the .wv extension. Does anyone know why?! Is there a fault somewhere as the info on the web page clearly states .wvc or should I be looking for another program. To date this is one of the smallest and smartest programs I've ever come across so although I've looked at some of the larger media players and their limited capabilties, small seems to be better. QCD was another option but it does not support the codec. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Stephen
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: The Wav Pack only had the .wv extension, not the .wvc, the one I wanted

Please don't double post. (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7885)
    As for the .wv and .wvc, see here:
    Hybrid - two files are written out, .wv (normal wavepack) and .wvc which is a correction file. When the two files are present together the audio is decoded as Lossless, when the .wvc is taken away (and stored) the remaining small .wv file gives out Lossy audio
    So it looks like the .wvc file by itself is useless without the .wv file. dMC should check for the .wvc file when decoding a .wv file, but I'm not sure as I've never dealt with this format before.

Comment

• Tomb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jun 2003

If the converter cannot handle it just use the wavpack front end.

You will also need to downlaod the wav pack codec and drop it in the same directory.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

A .wvc file on its own is useless, you need the .wv which dmc can work with, or .wv + .wvc which dmc can also work with.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>