title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WAV converter bug report

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr_Bumpy
    • May 2005

WAV converter bug report

I don't know if this is the proper way to report bugs, but I have discovered a bug that is easily reproduceable (at least for me) using DMC Audio Converter r11. I am currently trying to record a large number of tracked music files onto CD. For quality reasons, I am recording each WAV file at 48000 Hz, 16 bits stereo using Audacity v1.2.3. After I have recorded about 5-10 songs to WAV format, I then convert them to 44100 Hz WAV files of the same bit depth & stereo. I do this by selecting the whole group in Explorer and using the right-click "Convert to" option. I have noticed that the second WAV file to be converted this way always has a click at the beginning of the resulting file, while the remaining others are fine. If I re-convert the second file afterward, it always turns out fine. For what it's worth, I am using the professional frequency conversion option as well. Has anybody else noticed this strange problem, and is there a way I can let the developers know about this so it can be fixed?

Thanks,
    -~=Mr. Bumpy
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: WAV converter bug report

A click? I'm trying this at school with an audio CD my friend just gave me; I'm not getting this bug! :confused:

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
      A click? I'm trying this at school with an audio CD my friend just gave me; I'm not getting this bug! :confused:
      Using Audacity to record a wav at 48KHz and then dMC to convert the wav to 44.1KHz.... Subsequently they get burned to audio cd.

Have you tested the audio files right after you created them with Audacity and before conversion with dMC? Might the click and pops be there too?
      Are you applying any DSP effects during conversion?

----------------------------------------

Neil, what you are doing is ripping an audio cd. Not quite the same.

I have occasionally experienced wav files with clicks at the start when I rip some cd's, if the tracks are copy protected (my best guess) while using dMC Audio cd input. The same tracks simply converted to wav using dMC from the Windows Explorer wouldn't give me clicks. Again this is not the same problem.

Comment

• Mr_Bumpy
        • May 2005

Originally posted by ChristinaS
        Using Audacity to record a wav at 48KHz and then dMC to convert the wav to 44.1KHz.... Subsequently they get burned to audio cd.

Have you tested the audio files right after you created them with Audacity and before conversion with dMC? Might the click and pops be there too?
        Are you applying any DSP effects during conversion?
        ChristinaS, thank you for your response. The original wave files created by Audacity do not contain the click. It is weird that the click only appears on the second file that is batch processed. If I convert each file one at a time, the files come out perfect. I'll try to put together a "test package" that you guys can use to test this on your own. By the way, I am not using any DSP effects or post-normalization, just a simple WAV frequency rate conversion (although "professional frequency conversion" is enabled in the main dbPowerAmp settings).

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

A test package is always good:

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>