title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot rip a CD to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ms!foxbat

• Feb 2003

Cannot rip a CD to MP3

I was using an unregistered R11 and not having a problem. I purchased and downloaded the registered version. I tried to rip a standard audio CD to mp3 using the same settings that I used in the past. It tries to rip but then I get a box that gives the following message.

The CODEC required to decompress 'G:Track10.cda' could not be opened.
    Unable to access CD Drive 'G:Track10.cda'

I get one of those messages for each track on the CD. Again, I did not have this issue with the unregistered version on R11. This also happens with R11.1beta2.

One hint is that Audio CD Input will not let me select this drive as a source. I'm not positive but I believe that it worked before registered R11. There are a couple of other changes. I added the most recent production version of Sveta. I also added the Audible codec. I am using a Memorex DVD +RW drive that at one time Windows XP only saw as a CD drive but got a DLL loaded that lets Windows now recognize it as a DVD. However, I believe that I successfully ripped a CD after that but I cannot be sure. Any ideas?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Cannot rip a CD to MP3

After you installed Sveta, did you reinstall R11? This is because Sveta installs R10.1 and the PowerPack, requiring a reinstall of dMC r11.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Cannot rip a CD to MP3

Did you install everything as administrator and to the same folder?
      Are you ripping signed in as administrator?

Comment

Working...

]]>