title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ram Files convertion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leowl
    • May 2005

Ram Files convertion

Hello everybody :
    I'm new to the software and I have some questions I have been trying to convert from Ram files to Mp3 or Wave and I recieve the follow message :
    The CODEC required to decompress
    Now How I do decompress Ram files ? I have never done it before does anybody knows and can help me out ?.

Thank you and I love this software is the best so far

Leo
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ram Files convertion

One, read this: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6194
    Two, go here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ra.htm and download the DirectShow Decoder and the RealAudio Encoder. Follow the instructions on the DirectShow page, which includes installing RealAlternative, so that you can decode Real files.

Comment

• Leowl
      • May 2005

Hello ;
      Thank you for your help I could find a solution to it , I have another question to whoever who can asnwer it I already converted a couple of files from ram to mp3 and from ram to wave but once they are converted they have a lenght of 2 seconds , when I tried to play the track it last from 2 to 4 seconds meaning that ther is not sound , can enybody tell me what happens ??when I convert them is all okay no message error or anything seems that is saved perfectly but is not working ...
      I already have read and do everything that I have been told in my prior message and I again thank you for the help but Is there anything else that I should know about this files convertion ???
      Thanks a lot for the help in this matter !!!

Leo

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Leowl
        Hello ;
        Thank you for your help I could find a solution to it , I have another question to whoever who can asnwer it I already converted a couple of files from ram to mp3 and from ram to wave but once they are converted they have a lenght of 2 seconds , when I tried to play the track it last from 2 to 4 seconds meaning that ther is not sound , can enybody tell me what happens ??when I convert them is all okay no message error or anything seems that is saved perfectly but is not working ...
        I already have read and do everything that I have been told in my prior message and I again thank you for the help but Is there anything else that I should know about this files convertion ???
        Thanks a lot for the help in this matter !!!

If Leo
        Your .ram files must have been the meta files, not the actual real media files.

is it a small file, 1-2k, then it is a meta file for sure. OPen it in Notepad and see the naem of the actual real media file that you must get - that's the one you must convert.

Normally the extension of a real media file is .ra or .rm - while .ram is the extension for the meta file.

I see the questions involving converting files with extensions such as .ram, .smil, .asx, .wax, .wvx, .m3u, etc keep coming back in various forms. Here is where I would like to contribute what little I know of such files and how to handle them. Mine is more of a layman's explanation of these concepts rather than a rigorously

Comment

• Leowl
          • May 2005

Hello CristinaS:
          Thank you for your help I did what you told me and I find out that the file is a rm file here is what I found when I open the file with notepad :

You said that this is the file that I have to convert but I don't understand how I get tp get the file that is ram to become rm in order to convert it to Mp3 or wave ?
          do I have to conver the ram file to rm and them to Mp3 or Wave ?
          Thank you for your help in this issue .

Leo

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Leowl
            Hello CristinaS:
            Thank you for your help I did what you told me and I find out that the file is a rm file here is what I found when I open the file with notepad :

You said that this is the file that I have to convert but I don't understand how I get tp get the file that is ram to become rm in order to convert it to Mp3 or wave ?
            do I have to conver the ram file to rm and them to Mp3 or Wave ?
            Thank you for your help in this issue .

Leo
            You need to download the actual media file.

Right click on the link you just posted and Save as > Debby.rm . That's the file to convert using dMC to whatever format you'd like.

Comment

Working...

]]>