title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't convert to anything

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • polorboy
    • Apr 2005

Can't convert to anything

Hi, I have been able to convert from Apple's .m4p to .m4a with hymn but when I go to convert to anything (mp3, wma, wav,...) dbpoweramp just crashes every time. I uninstalled, deleted reg files, reinstalled with new download from site, and reinstalled all the codecs and it still won't do anything. It gets like 1 or 2% through and then crashes. I don't get a error from windows or dbpoweramp though, it is from software on my computer that automatically reports errors to my vendor. I have an Alienware laptop with Win XP Pro SP2. The program that is giving me the error notification is called AlienAutopsy but I don't think that is a problem because all it does is reports windows errors and other program errors and lets me send an e-mail to Alienware automatically. Are there any other programs that might conflict with poweramp? I have some stardock programs running also, and antivirus/spyware blocking software running also. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Can't convert to anything

Are you running the registered version of dMC? MP3 encoding requires a license through dMC now.

This does not explain crashes when converting to other formats though. I assume you have the necessary codecs and everything is installed to the same folder, c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP and you installed them and are running them as administrator.

Can you convert other files ok? or is the problem just for those m4a's?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Can you play these .m4a files that you unprotected? It sounds like the protection wasn't successfully removed.

Comment

• polorboy
        • Apr 2005

Well, I am running the free version but I am under the administrator account. I installed all the codecs to the same directory as dbpoweramp. I just tried to play the files I unprotected and they won't play, so probably the protection was not removed. Though, if that is the case how do I fix that? I ran hymn (older version) and it worked fine for other songs until recently. I tried to convert to other file types also and that doesn't work either. Nothing seems to work. I still have the orginal protected versions (that way I can at least listen to them in ITunes) but I really want to put them on my mp3 player so I can listen to them elsewhere.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

I'd suggest you go back and make sure you downloaded the entire combo of codecs to handle m4a files.

Comment

• casketizer
            • May 2005

polorboy:
            Are you using hymn or jhymn? Have you tried iOpener (there is a link to it on the jhymn site)? Are you trying to unprotect on the same computer where itunes is installed on and where the files can play?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

The newest protection iTunes uses breaks Hymn. Use either iOpener or JHymn to unprotect your songs.

Comment

Working...

]]>