title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I cant covert rm to anything

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swp4Lfe
    • May 2005

I cant covert rm to anything

Hi i just got your program for one reason and it wont allow me to convert.
    I want to convert a .RM file to .mp3 but when i click dBpowerAMP and go to the folder where the .RM files are they dont show up. I downloaded the codec for .RM and still nothing. I dont have REAL player and i dont want it, mainly because i got Winamp, Windows Media player, Quicktime & musicmatch. How can i convert .RM to .mp3? Is there any other codec where i can covert from .rm to .mp3 because some reason i only have convert to .RM and i dont want that, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: I cant covert rm to anything

Originally posted by Swp4Lfe
    Hi i just got your program for one reason and it wont allow me to convert.
    I want to convert a .RM file to .mp3 but when i click dBpowerAMP and go to the folder where the .RM files are they dont show up. I downloaded the codec for .RM and still nothing. I dont have REAL player and i dont want it, mainly because i got Winamp, Windows Media player, Quicktime & musicmatch. How can i convert .RM to .mp3? Is there any other codec where i can covert from .rm to .mp3 because some reason i only have convert to .RM and i dont want that, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    You can isntall Real Alternative if you don't want Real Player, but you need one of them at least, no getting away from this.

Comment

• Swp4Lfe
      • May 2005

I downloaded real alternative but i still can not convert .RM to anything, I want to make the .rm to .mp3 so i can burn a CD. IS there anyway to make this work?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

You can burn an audio cd from Real Player anytime.

If after installing the decoding codec for Real Media it still does not work, this means you need the DirectShow codec. You will find that also on the same page where you got the other regular Real media codec.

Sine you already have Real ALtenative this is fine, as it is needed for the DirectSow codec to work. Hopefully you instaleld it fully, otherwise reinstall Real Alternative to incldue the DirectShow part.

Once you install the DirectShow codec, you will be asked to edit a file where you specify the filters you need to add. You put in .rm instead of .xyz in that file. You can also add another line with .ra . Save the file.

dMC Configuration must be run and it should show that the DirectShow codec is installed (under decoding codecs) in conjunction with Real Media.

Go back to dMC and try to convert the file .rm file. It should work by now.

Comment

• Swp4Lfe
          • May 2005

Thank you very much, i had to download the Direct Show Codec and i put .rm in and its converting as we speak. Thank you very much ChristinaS.

Comment

Working...

]]>