title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

raw pcm audio to wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greatgads
    • Apr 2005

raw pcm audio to wav

I have corrupted(missing) headers in some wav files and if I change the extension to .pcm then I can open with other editor and save as wav again. My question is there a codec for this in dMC so as I won't have to open & convert one file at a time?
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: raw pcm audio to wav

convert? :confused:

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

I doubt that you'd find a fix-all-bugs codec. Whatever editor you're using would have to be what you need to use.

I'd be more concerned in finding out how come your wav files are corrupted? Why are their headers missing or corrupted? What created them? What messed them up?

Comment

• greatgads
        • Apr 2005

Roxio Retrieve messed them up. I just know that if I change the .wav extension to .pcm that I can open them and then save them as wav & everythings fine. I'm guessing that pcm ignores header info & the re-saving creates new headers. I am just looking to see if there is a codec for dMC to convert from pcm to wav to save myself the time consuming 1 file at a time issue. It may or may not work but it'd be worth a try.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by greatgads
          I am just looking to see if there is a codec for dMC to convert from pcm to wav to save myself the time consuming 1 file at a time issue. It may or may not work but it'd be worth a try.
          I don't think there's a codec for dMC that lets you do that.

I wonder if File Selector would work, though...

Comment

Working...

]]>