title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • polorboy
    • Apr 2005

dbpoweramp keeps crashing

Hi, I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and I was able to use dbpoweramp for a little while but now it keeps crashing. I have tried uninstalling it, removing all the registry entries and then reinstalling and that doesn't help. I used Hymn to convert from itunes m4p protected format to mp4. I go to convert the files over to mp3 and it will start counting down the percentage and get to 2% and crash. It will create the mp3 file but it will have a size of 0 kb. I tried creating a wave file and it got a little of the way through but it still crashes. I was using IOpener (same as hymn but made for windows with GUI) but that kept crashing also, saying it couldn't find the files or it would just hang. So, I went back to using hymn and the command prompt which seems to work fine. I have noticed though that Hymn is making the files much smaller than the originals, like the original would be a few hundred kb and the file that hymn makes is only 100kb. Is it that hymn is not fully converting the files over? Any help would be great, thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbpoweramp keeps crashing

Try using dbpoweramp to write an m4a file then convert that to mp3.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: dbpoweramp keeps crashing

Will the m4a file you unprotected play ok? Try using JHymn as it works with the newest iTunes Music Store DRM.

Comment

Working...

]]>