title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The CODEC required to compress could not be opened.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • letitbe2000
    • Apr 2005

I recently installed the Release 11 of dbpoweramp and get the following error when trying to convert from .wav to mp3:

Prior to receiving that error, I get 2 pop up windows that say "The power pack & mp3 encoding license trial have expired"

If I purchase the license will that eliminate the problem?

I've tried changing bit rate settings and still no luck.

I also installed the flac codec and tried converting from flac to mp3 and got the same message.

The curious thing is that I was using the previous release of dbpoweramp and was having no problems at all. (unfortunately, I no longer have that on my system and can't revert to it).

Suggestions?
    Last edited by letitbe2000; April 24, 2005, 03:07 PM.
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Re: The CODEC required to compress could not be opened.

Yes, you need to purchase the licence to get those features. It seems that if you had an older version at the time you downloaded the newest version, you do not get the 30-day trial. (that is my recollection, at least).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by letitbe2000
    I recently installed the Release 11 of dbpoweramp and get the following error when trying to convert from .wav to mp3:

Prior to receiving that error, I get 2 pop up windows that say "The power pack & mp3 encoding license trial have expired"

If I purchase the license will that eliminate the problem?

I've tried changing bit rate settings and still no luck.

I also installed the flac codec and tried converting from flac to mp3 and got the same message.

The curious thing is that I was using the previous release of dbpoweramp and was having no problems at all. (unfortunately, I no longer have that on my system and can't revert to it).

Suggestions?
    Last edited by adaywayne; April 24, 2005, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

See this thread for more info.

Comment

• letitbe2000
        • Apr 2005

OK, thanks for the clarification re: license issue

Comment

Working...

]]>