title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Musepack (.mpc) reluctant to install

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petriburg
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Musepack (.mpc) reluctant to install

Hi everyone! I decided to give MPC a try with some new LP copies I have just made, so went to Codec Central, downloaded the MPC codec, and installed it into C:\Programs\Illustrate in the approved manner, and then rebooted. Tried initially to right click on a .wav file to endode it, but, no MPC codec available. I went through the routine of checking thru dMC configuration, but MPC is not listed as an installed codec - but it appears further down the window as a "smart install" codec. Obviously, I'm not smart enough to install it, because I can't access it!! Yes, it appears under "compression" in the Illustrate folder, but doesn't want to come out of hiding!! And every other aspect of dMC and dAP is working perfectly in my XP Pro machine.
    Have I forgotten something? A word or two of help will be greatly appreciated. :smile2:
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Musepack (.mpc) reluctant to install

Originally posted by petriburg
    Hi everyone! I decided to give MPC a try with some new LP copies I have just made, so went to Codec Central, downloaded the MPC codec, and installed it into C:\Programs\Illustrate in the approved manner, and then rebooted. Tried initially to right click on a .wav file to endode it, but, no MPC codec available. I went through the routine of checking thru dMC configuration, but MPC is not listed as an installed codec - but it appears further down the window as a "smart install" codec. Obviously, I'm not smart enough to install it, because I can't access it!! Yes, it appears under "compression" in the Illustrate folder, but doesn't want to come out of hiding!! And every other aspect of dMC and dAP is working perfectly in my XP Pro machine.
    Have I forgotten something? A word or two of help will be greatly appreciated. :smile2:
    You didn't see Musepack (CLI) listed? Just under mp3Pro and above Ogg Vorbis (if you have those)?

Hmmmm ... maybe it didn't actually get installed. DId it go through the usuall installation routine ending on a page of help?

Try to download it again and install it again.

Once installed, you should see Musepack (CLI) in the codecs, and a button to Locate Encoder.

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Re: Musepack (.mpc) reluctant to install

Quote:
      Hmmmm ... maybe it didn't actually get installed. DId it go through the usuall installation routine ending on a page of help?

No maybe about it Christina! Thanks for being there with a prompt answer. It looks like early Alzheimer's rearing its ugly head (again!). Funny how these .exe files work so very much better when you double click on them to install, isn't it. The reply was greatly appreciated, and once more, it's all systems go with my dB applications :komisch9:

Comment

Working...

]]>