title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can DMC rip audio from VCDs ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tarunp
    • Nov 2004

Can DMC rip audio from VCDs ?

I want to extract the audio track from some VCDs and save it as a mp3 file. Is it possible to do this with DMC ? I find that it is possibe to convert wmv video files but not mpg or mpeg videos.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Can DMC rip audio from VCDs ?

Auxiliary Input: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=34783

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by tarunp
      I want to extract the audio track from some VCDs and save it as a mp3 file. Is it possible to do this with DMC ? I find that it is possibe to convert wmv video files but not mpg or mpeg videos.
      dBpowerAMP does not handle video of any kind.

You can however use dMC to convert a .wmv file (windows Media Video) to any audio format that you like.

The same thing apparently does not usually work for mpg files, at least none that I have tried, perhaps because there are many kinds of .mpg files, some of which may work for such a conversion to audio.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

Hm, I remember a website that claimed it could convert vcd to audio/video separately....but i can't find it right now......I will update on this later

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
          Hm, I remember a website that claimed it could convert vcd to audio/video separately....but i can't find it right now......I will update on this later
          Well, there are many progams that can do audio extraction from a video file.

dBpowerAMP does not handle video in general so neither audio extraction as such, except by fluke in the case of Windows media video files. Possibly some kind of mpg files can have the audio extracted by dMC to mp3, but it may depend on the specs of the mpg. I think maybe the audio track portion on the mpg file may have to specifically be an mp3 type. The audio tracks on some mpg files may not always be mp3 types, which is why probably my attempts to get the audio off any mpg files have been fruitless using dMC.

It may be possible to do the same also with Real Media video files, I haven't tried.

Comment

Working...

]]>