title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cassette question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: Cassette question

Wouldn't it just be better to KEEP the hiss?

Comment

• adaywayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
      Better yet: a live performance right in your own home I'd say :D

Complete with dancing girls.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

whoa whoa. a little far there! Let's not stray away from the topic. I don't want this thread locked.

Again, my question: Wouldn't it be better to keep the hiss if taking the hiss away takes away a lot of audio quality? (All those Hz and stuff)

Comment

• DaMarcus
          • Dec 2004

Guess this depends on your Audio Hardware.
          I'm using a Technics AA Class Amp. With the hiss left on the tracks it sounds quite poor. Without the hiss it sounds like robotic music.

I tried the following.

a) analysing the hiss - use Cool Edit and analyze the hiss you have. Then reduce it with multiple frequency depending fliter plug Ins. Do this until your ears are satisifed. Then rip the file into mp3 and see - better liten - to what habpppenend.

b) use a program like magix cleaning lab. It also provides for roundabout 50$ an adjustable hiss reduucing.

All in all I really suggest to reduce it almost about 50%. Then the audio still sounds acceptable and the noise is reduced. It will not fit to a reference class amp but you'll keep the old recordings.

I reconized sth. that an old sound designer over here told me when the first sound designing programms appeard. He said: "If the singal is poor - it will anly get pporer by trying to rescue it!"

Greez

M.

Comment

Working...

]]>