title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

wma to mp3 conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devakila
    • Mar 2005

wma to mp3 conversion

Hello there, i downloaded all it needs to convert wma on my harddrive to mp3. Somehow, wma is not listed under 'Converting' in the File Selector. The downloads didn't change anything about that. What to do? Thank you
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: wma to mp3 conversion

Did you reboot after installing the system codecs?

Comment

• devakila
      • Mar 2005

Yes, i did reboot the system and checked everythig again, downloaded all older versions form dbpoweramp and rebootet evereytime.
      It's simply that it doesn't show up on my PC (under XP).
      Kila

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Can you see those codecs in a simple dMC run, not going through File Selector?

Are you signed in as administrator and were you signed in as administartor when you installed all of the dBpowerAMP programs?

Is everything installed to the same folder? it shuold be c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\ as proposed by the installer unless you changed it - but then you'd have to be consistent with the other installations conerning dBpowerAMP components.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
          Can you see those codecs in a simple dMC run, not going through File Selector?

Are you signed in as administrator and were you signed in as administartor when you installed all of the dBpowerAMP programs?

Is everything installed to the same folder? it shuold be c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\ as proposed by the installer unless you changed it - but then you'd have to be consistent with the other installations conerning dBpowerAMP components.
          Yes, the most problem I find with installing codecs is that sometimes people install them to the wrong locations. Make sure you installed to the correct directory, or default directory, if possible.

Comment

• devakila
            • Mar 2005

Can you believe it. I downloaded all the files and updates...but didn't not install them. Somehow that passed me by unnoticed. Now it seems to work, it's in progress right now. Thanks for bearing with me.
            How long should it regularly take to convert from wma to mp3 (128 bit), say for a reg. 700 mb cd?
            best regards

kila

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by devakila
              Can you believe it. I downloaded all the files and updates...but didn't not install them. Somehow that passed me by unnoticed. Now it seems to work, it's in progress right now. Thanks for bearing with me.
              How long should it regularly take to convert from wma to mp3 (128 bit), say for a reg. 700 mb cd?
              best regards

kila
              it all depended on your computer specs. What are your computers specs, by the way?

EDIT: it all depends on your computer specs. What are your computer specs, by the way?
              Last edited by neilthecellist; April 25, 2005, 11:48 PM. Reason: My grammer suck-ed-ing

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Lol, he'll be done by now :D

Comment

Working...

]]>