title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geno52
    • Dec 2003

Music converter

When converting music files to the cd writer. I find that when converting these music files to the cd writer the % of the conversion doesnt work, BUT the file does get converted and is in fact put on the list for burning. Has anyone else had this problem... what I do is after I know that its been long enough for the file to convert I just click cancel and it show up on the list to burn... but as I said the % of the conversion never shows,, is this normal???
    or am I doing something wrong ?????????
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: Music converter

I can barely understand the English here, but I'll try to help: I think it's normal that converting files to the CD writer never hits 100% under the conversion process because your system is super fast.

I can support this by saying on my brother's computer, an AMD 64 3000+, I never see the conversion hit 100%. It just stops immediately and the popup disappears.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

What is the source audio file type (ie converting from)?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• geno52
        • Dec 2003

Its from (ram) to (cd-audio) At least that is the one im converting now, I will try anothor format and see if it does the same thing...

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by geno52
          Its from (ram) to (cd-audio) At least that is the one im converting now, I will try anothor format and see if it does the same thing...
          Real Media gets converted in real time and there is no indication of progress until it's finished. This peculiar to Real Media.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There is a newer DirectShow codec in beta (well actually I am just about to release it) that can decode .ram fast with a % bar.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Note that you need Real Alternative installed to decode Real files using the DirectShow codec.

Comment

Working...

]]>