title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Smil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moshemos
    • Apr 2005

Smil

Hi
    using SMIL, how can I change the spatial values of a media while playing?
    I'll give an example to clarify:
    I have to write a smil file containing 3 elements:
    element A - a video
    element B - a jpg
    element C - a jpg
    first I have to show A & B were each one is 50% of the screen and A is left of B. then I have to show A & C were each one is 50% of the screen and C is left of A. that is A has to change its location while playing.
    if A was an I could just show it on another location using a different start value but since its a video it has to continue from the same position.
    Thanks
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Smil

Originally posted by moshemos
    Hi
    using SMIL, how can I change the spatial values of a media while playing?
    I'll give an example to clarify:
    I have to write a smil file containing 3 elements:
    element A - a video
    element B - a jpg
    element C - a jpg
    first I have to show A & B were each one is 50% of the screen and A is left of B. then I have to show A & C were each one is 50% of the screen and C is left of A. that is A has to change its location while playing.
    if A was an I could just show it on another location using a different start value but since its a video it has to continue from the same position.
    Thanks
    What do you figure is the connection between dBpowerAMP and SMIL files?

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Google Definitions
      Synchronized Media Integration Language, a markup language designed to present multiple media files together. For instance, instead of using a video with an integrated soundtrack, a separate video and sound file can be used and synchronized via SMIL. This allows users to choose different combinations, eg, to get a different language sound track, and permits text transcripts to be optionally presented; both options have accessibility benefits.
      I still don't fully understand what this means.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
        I still don't fully understand what this means.
        It's a much more complex kind of meta-file, with a life and brain of its own.
        It's supposed to allow very powerful manipulation of media files so as to inegrate them all together.

In it's simpelst form, a .smi file is just like a meta file, only with a bit more detail. Seen a lot in conjunction with Real Media files, but equally useful for all other emdia types.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Oh. Is there a link or anything where I can find an example of an SMI file?

Comment

Working...

]]>