title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Capturing streaming audio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Jan 2003

Capturing streaming audio

Try as I might I cannot see how on earth I can get streaming audio as the source for recording with DMC Auxiliary Input.

Is it possible? or do I have to wait for a future plug-in in order to be able to record my favourites from Internet radio?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Capturing streaming audio

To use streaming audio, you need to play the stream in Winamp or Windows Media Player and then record the stream as you play it back.

Comment

• Jon
      • Jan 2003

Call me stupid if you like but the options for sound input don't seem to include any option for streaming via Windows Media Player - or, more importantly for shows such as those broadcast on the BBC - Real Audio. The only options I get are for "CD PLayer", "Aux" and "Line In"....

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Do you see something regarding "What-U-Hear"? More instructions on Aux. Input here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=34783

Comment

• Jon
          • Jan 2003

No I don't see anything like that - I select "input source" and all I get is a Recording Control pop-up with the three options mentioned in my previous thread.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jon
            No I don't see anything like that - I select "input source" and all I get is a Recording Control pop-up with the three options mentioned in my previous thread.
            Right click on the volume icon in the task bar > Open Volume Controls > Options > Properties > Recording and select all items in tlist appearing below that. Click Ok, then you are shown all the possible input sources for recording. Select the one you need - generally it is Stereo Mix or What U Hear.

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

or Wave Out Mix.

Comment

• Jon
                • Jan 2003

Fantastic! I knew it would be something simple.... Thanks everyone - now I have the measure of live streaming recording!!!! :smile2:

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

Happy um, success day with dBpowerAMP Music Converter!

Comment

Working...

]]>