title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I'm having a prolem with converting .wav to .mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIGDENNIS10UK
    • Apr 2005

I'm having a prolem with converting .wav to .mp3

I'm using DBpower AMP to convert a wave file to MP3, but everytime I try to do it it comes up with this error

ACM Codec Not Installed 'UnKnown 69'
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK007.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK008.mp3' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK009.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK010.mp3' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK011.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK012.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK013.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK014.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK015.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK016.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK017.mp3' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK018.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK019.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK020.mp3' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK021.wav' could not be opened.
    The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LFTUser\Desktop\Knowledge Runs On Audio\[100]TRACK022.wav' could not be opened.

Anyone know what to do?

I'm sure I never used to have this problem....
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: I'm having a prolem with converting .wav to .mp3

Where are these WAVE files coming from?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See:

The wave format can be uncompressed or compressed, each compression type (there are 65,000 possiblilites) requires a ACM codec (some are installed by default such as ADPCM). Some audio formats (such as Ogg Wave, or AC3 wave) requires that a specific ACM codec be installed, which ever program created such wave file might have a
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BIGDENNIS10UK
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by neilthecellist
        Where are these WAVE files coming from?
        i AM USING A panasonic digital camera to record an audio of my own voice for a project I am doing, when I take the files off the camera onto the PC, they are in .wav form, but I need to get them onto CD, so I need them to be MP3

Does anyone know how I can do this, that link didn't really give me the answer :unno

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Ask panasonic they will have a codec.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BIGDENNIS10UK
            i AM USING A panasonic digital camera to record an audio of my own voice for a project I am doing, when I take the files off the camera onto the PC, they are in .wav form, but I need to get them onto CD, so I need them to be MP3

Does anyone know how I can do this, that link didn't really give me the answer :unno
            If you need to get them to CD, why do they need to be mp3?

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

If you can play the file on your own pc, you can either convert it or re-record it to a standard formats (e.g. pcm wav or mp3) using dMC Auxiliary Input. If you don't have a player for it, not much you can do until you get one.

Comment

Working...

]]>