title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Real Conversion Error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gingerjim
    • Apr 2005

Real Conversion Error

I have downloaded the real decoder codec, but when I try to convert a .rm file to .mp3 I get the following error message :

The CODEC required to decompress 'D:\My Music\Hardcore\DJ Nemesis - Hardcore Mix Sept 04.rm' could not be opened.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Real Conversion Error

What is the size of your .rm file? It could possibly just be a meta-file that links to the real audio file.

Comment

• gingerjim
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by LtData
      What is the size of your .rm file? It could possibly just be a meta-file that links to the real audio file.
      I've tried a couple of files to check. One was 17MB and the other was 10MB

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Can you convert other files to mp3?

Also, try downloading Real Alternative (for a Real DirectShow Codec) and then getting the dMC DirectShow decoder that is in beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...newpost&t=6665

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

At the very least you must have Real Player installed, or Real Alternative and teh real Media codecs from Codec Central. The DirectShow decoder may also be needed as mentioend by LtData if that alone is not sufficient.

Comment

• gingerjim
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by LtData
            Can you convert other files to mp3?

Also, try downloading Real Alternative (for a Real DirectShow Codec) and then getting the dMC DirectShow decoder that is in beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...newpost&t=6665
            tried convering a .wav file and that worked fine.. so it looks like it is limited to just real files.

Will have a go at your suggestions tomorrow.!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...

]]>