title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converter is performing an illegal operation...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PollieXmas
    • Apr 2005

Converter is performing an illegal operation...

Hi

Anyone experiencing problems with converter?

I'm using file selector to select the directories I want to convert. It allows me to select the convert window, but when I want to go and change the format to the new format, a windows window pops up saying that converter has performed an illegal operation.

This is the first time that I'm trying this, so cannot say if it worked before.

The other thing that I did was to upgrade to the new beta R11.1 B2 and I did not uninstall the previous version. Not sure if this could have caused it.

Anyway views ideas what to try?

Thanks

Paul
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Converter is performing an illegal operation...

Have you tried doing this one directory at a time to figure out the problem directory? It might just be a problem file in one of your folders.
    As for not uninstalling, it wouldn't be factor unless your original install was messed-up somehow. dMC doesn't have to have the previous version uninstalled when installing the new version unless there was a problem with the previous install.

Comment

• PollieXmas
      • Apr 2005

Hi I have tried two seperate folders/albums as well as a single file and still get the same problem.

I also have applied the MS syndrome, ie. "rebooting until it works".

I can navigate the window and make changes but as soon as I hit the change format button it crashes.

So I'm trying to convert a wave file to a compressed format.

Anyway, this is not urgent, I just realised what I was doing is not what I wanted. The error still exist though.

What I wanted to do is convert the wav files to flac files which works fine. (I was quite late last night so the brain was working properly.)

Regards

Paul

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Have you tried using dMC itself on one of these problem folders? Does it still crash? What is the bits (16-bit or 32-bit) of these WAV files? What is their frequency (44100Hz or 48000Hz)? How many channels are they?

Comment

• PollieXmas
          • Apr 2005

Hi,

dMC created the wav files from a music cd. So 16-bit, 44,1 and stereo. I presume the fault is not with the directories as I could use it to convert the wav files to FLAC and ogg formats.

I'll never use this option (the one that crashes), so it's not serious to have it resolved unless it is a problem for someone else.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

When you say the "change format" button, do you mean the button where you choose what formats you want to convert?

Comment

• PollieXmas
              • Apr 2005

When the top selection is set to convert to wav file the next selection allows you to choose between uncompressed or compressed.

When selecting compress and then hitting the change format button it crashes,

I hope this helps

Later

Paul

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Your system must have a corrupt installation of an ACM codec.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>