title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

slow ripping speed, errors (jumping) in copy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterfrypan
    • Apr 2005

slow ripping speed, errors (jumping) in copy

A year or so ago i experienced slow ripping speed and errors in copy. An exam of the forum found the error described and a path to a checkbox which i unchecked. SInce then my hard drive crashed and i had to renew it. Now I have the same problem but cant remember where to go or how to fix the problem. Help!!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: slow ripping speed, errors (jumping) in copy

Originally posted by peterfrypan
    A year or so ago i experienced slow ripping speed and errors in copy. An exam of the forum found the error described and a path to a checkbox which i unchecked. SInce then my hard drive crashed and i had to renew it. Now I have the same problem but cant remember where to go or how to fix the problem. Help!!
    One place would be on the dMC window that shows the progress of ripping, under "priority of conversion" to set it to "below normal". This should speed up conversions. Once set, it remains so until you change it.

Other than that you have "rip to ram" in the Powerpack options (the rocket appearing in dMC Audio CD Input).

Professional Frequency also might come into play, but .... I can't seem to find where that is set :o

---LATER -----

Ok, I seem to have a transient senior moment. Of course the option for Professional Frequency Conversion is right where it should be in dMC Configuration, bottom, right, under ID Tag Options LOL! :p :o :D
    Last edited by ChristinaS; April 04, 2005, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Professional Frequency Conversion is only used when you are changing the frequency of a file. If you are ripping a CD to 44100Hz, PFC is not used. If you rip it to 4800Hz, PFC IS used.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

I dMC Audio CD Input, Options, under Drive options, what ripping speed are you using? I find 4 paired with "slow ripping" are best for me.

Comment

Working...

]]>