title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need to know how to get the upgrade of PowerPack

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckeslar
    • Apr 2005

Need to know how to get the upgrade of PowerPack

I currently have dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 9, and register PowerPack, which I had gotten back in mid 2003. I was able to download dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 11, however my concern is that I may also need to get the latest version of the PowerPack. I loved product. I just need to know what I need to do to get the latest version of the PowerPack.

Thanks.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Need to know how to get the upgrade of PowerPack

Originally posted by ckeslar
    I currently have dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 9, and register PowerPack, which I had gotten back in mid 2003. I was able to download dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 11, however my concern is that I may also need to get the latest version of the PowerPack. I loved product. I just need to know what I need to do to get the latest version of the PowerPack.

Thanks.
    The registered PowerPakck is now part of the registered dMC. Since you already have the registered PowerPack from before, I think that if you simply install the latest dMC on top of the older one without uninstalling it first it should remain registered.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Yes, install the new version without uninstalling the old one will keep your registered status. And as Christina said, the PowerPack is now included in the dMC 11 install. If you have your order number, you can also download a new registered install.

Comment

• ckeslar
        • Apr 2005

Okay, that cleared. However, I want to download a fresh software. Tried to download it but bad link for dBpowerAMP Registration Retrieval page. Clicked on Initiate Registered Link Retrieval hyperlink, it direct me to this URL: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/registration/, and the source code was:
        "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
        <HTML><HEAD>
        <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
        <BODY></BODY></HTML>
        "
        So, telling me that I cannot be able to get the fresh download of registered dBPowerAmp.

Another word, I am unable to get the information to pop up to enter my order number and etc....

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

The link works for me. Try checking your firewall or browswer security settings. Are you running a firewall? Try a different browser, mabye?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ckeslar
            Okay, that cleared. However, I want to download a fresh software. Tried to download it but bad link for dBpowerAMP Registration Retrieval page. Clicked on Initiate Registered Link Retrieval hyperlink, it direct me to this URL: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/registration/, and the source code was:
            "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
            <HTML><HEAD>
            <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
            <BODY></BODY></HTML>
            "
            So, telling me that I cannot be able to get the fresh download of registered dBPowerAmp.

Another word, I am unable to get the information to pop up to enter my order number and etc....
            You don't have to go through that page, just downlaod from the regular download page. This is just for those who no longer have their registration.

Incidentally, if you have a pop-up killer that will be what's blocking the pop-up window.

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

Make sure you're not using IE. Internet Explorer gives me so many problems when it comes to popup blocking.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
                Make sure you're not using IE. Internet Explorer gives me so many problems when it comes to popup blocking.
                Built-in IE pop-up blocker is only available on XP. I have Windows 2000 and the pop-up blocker I have comes from the Google Toolbar I have installed in IE. I can block/unblock pop-ups for each page as I wish.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

Ew ew ew ew !!! Internet Explorer??!! Ew!!!

I would use Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, Safari, but the two browsers I will never touch in my life (unless I have to) are Internet Explorer and AOL (is AOL the same as Internet Explorer?)

Comment

• iTunesIsEvil
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2004

1) AOL isn't a browser. It's an ISP. An uber-sad one, but one never the less. It does have a browser built into it though.
                    2) I think that AOL's browser is a mix of IE and Netscape. Time-Warner AOL actually owns Netscape. Fun stuff ey? Along with ICQ MapQuest and Moviefone.

Use maps.google.com (its beta yes) as a MQ alternative, it is soooooooo much better than MapQuest. Trillian is a good AIM/MSN/ICQ alternative, and you could always get a paper for movie times
                    Last edited by iTunesIsEvil; April 05, 2005, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2004

I had AOL before and I hated it. I paid 20 bucks a month and my connection rate was always locked at 33.6 . How retarded. I still have dialup now, but from http://www.a1isp.net . It's 6.95 a month and i get 54.6 kbps

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
                        Ew ew ew ew !!! Internet Explorer??!! Ew!!!

I would use Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, Safari, but the two browsers I will never touch in my life (unless I have to) are Internet Explorer and AOL (is AOL the same as Internet Explorer?)
                        Neil, you're running at the mouth .... errrr... keyboard :D

Comment

• Tomb
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by iTunesIsEvil
                          1) AOL isn't a browser. It's an ISP. An uber-sad one, but one never the less. It does have a browser built into it though.
                          2) I think that AOL's browser is a mix of IE and Netscape. Time-Warner AOL actually owns Netscape. Fun stuff ey? Along with ICQ MapQuest and Moviefone.
                          Slighty off topic but I saw on one of the Mozilla news sites that AOL may move over to Netscape 8 which is based on Firefox once it is out of beta. This could mean that millions of people will be switching to a Mozilla based browser away from an IE one. As far as I know AOL is currently just based on IE.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2004

Yay, Tomb! People will switch to anything made by mozilla soon? That'll be great! :D

Comment

Working...

]]>