title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 codec not working - I just bought Sveta Portable

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dboscar
    • Apr 2005

mp3 codec not working - I just bought Sveta Portable

I downloaded dBpowerAMP Music Converter to covert an WMA to MP3 and it would not work. Then I bought Sveta Portable Audio. The same.

1. Why are there no simple help files? In fact, I can not see any difference between both programs and I can not guess how I can use this program with a MP3 player.

2. When trying to convert an WMA to MP3 I get the same message: "The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\prova2.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened. Error creating mp3 compressor, try different frequencies and / or bitrates." I thought the MP3 codec was laready within the Sveta.

Thanks

Oscar Alomar
    Barcelona, Spain
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: mp3 codec not working - I just bought Sveta Portable

Have you downloaded the WMA Codecs? What are the settings of your input WMA? What OS are you using? What version of WMP do you have installed?

Comment

• dboscar
      • Apr 2005

1. Sorry. I have found the help files, but I can still not convert to MP3. And the .dll seems to be in the dbPower directories.

2. Another mistake. I was refering to wav files, not wma. I have been using the Sony Memory Stick Voice Editor to converet Sony's msw compression to wav, and now wanted to compress to MP3. Not working. I also downloades your codec for ram to MP3 files, and got the same message.

Thanks

Oscar

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try having dMC test-convert your WAV files. If it still fails, then dMC cannot read your WAV files. I'm not sure it supports that type of compression.

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

If it's a compression under WAVE, isn't it called an "ACM" codec?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

"The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\prova2.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened. Error creating mp3 compressor, try different frequencies and / or bitrates."

The above message means the codec is installed and working (for mp3 you have to have 16 bit audio data, 2 channel), also certain low frequencies, etc do not work, so as a test convert to 128Kbps mp3.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>