title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMC Aux Input can't find M-Audio Delta card input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmgross
    • Apr 2005

DMC Aux Input can't find M-Audio Delta card input

I have tried to use DMC Auxiliary Input with an M-Audio Audiophile 192 (Delta series) sound card. The software audio mixer that installs with the Delta cards has no input volume control. This seems to make it impossible for DMC to find the audio input from the card.

However, other audio programs such as Audacity and GoldWave have no problem finding the input and can record from it.

Is there any way to get DMC Auxiliary Input to work with this card? :cry:
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: DMC Aux Input can't find M-Audio Delta card input

Originally posted by jmgross
    I have tried to use DMC Auxiliary Input with an M-Audio Audiophile 192 (Delta series) sound card. The software audio mixer that installs with the Delta cards has no input volume control. This seems to make it impossible for DMC to find the audio input from the card.

However, other audio programs such as Audacity and GoldWave have no problem finding the input and can record from it.

Is there any way to get DMC Auxiliary Input to work with this card? :cry:
    You right-clicked on Volume controls > Options > Avanced Controls > Properties> Recording from the task bar?
    You are looking at Recording options, aren't you? Not at Playback options.

Use Stereo Mix (or What U Hear or whatever the main control is).

Just make sure to get out of any messenger programs or Outlook Express, anyhting that can suddenly send an unwanted sound like a chime, since it will get recorded alng with whatever you're playing through your sound card.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; April 01, 2005, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• jmgross
      • Apr 2005

Thanks for your reply, Christina.

Although the Delta card is selected in the "dmc - Options" dialog, the program does not "hear" the audio coming in. When I click the Select button in the Options dialog, I get an error message: "There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware." This appears to be a message from the Windows Volume Control driver and is erroneous. There is no "Printers and Other Hardware" option in Control Panel. If I try to use Add Hardware in Control Panel, there is no hardware to add. The Delta card is already installed.

As I understand, dmc Aux Input needs the user to select an input on the sound card using the Select button in its Options dialog. This assumes that the sound card may have multiple inputs and that these will definitely be attached to volume control pots on the software audio mixer. The Delta cards have only one audio input (actually two channels) and there is no input volume control.

This seems to make it impossible for dmc Aux Input to recognize the audio input from the Delta card. If there is some other way to make this happen, please tell me.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

Well in the end, if it's impossible, the fact must be accepted and you'll need a new sound card.

But for now, we'll try to help you.

Have you tried recording from wave out mix under Volume Control?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Don't you have a volume button in the task bar? What do you get when you right click on it - do you have Open Volume controls?

Comment

• OldCoder
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2003

I use an M-Audio Audiophile USB, and I've had that problem too.

The work around for me was to use the driver installation from the M-Audio CD rather than the newer one from the web site.

Additionally, since I have an integrated sound card on my motherboard, I have to reboot my Win XP machine with the M-Audio USB powered on for it to be properly recognized and selectable as a record device by WINDOWS!

Aux Input sees it, but it doesn't behave properly BECAUSE of Windows.

My advice is that if you have more than one sound device, consider going into your BIOS settings and disable everything *except* the DELTA card (this is a PCI card, isn't it?). Now re-boot and try it.

If that doesn't work, collect your CD and whatever drivers you can get from M-Audio, and hook your card up to a sound source (portable cd, radio, etc).

Now you have to face the pain of trying the oldest to newest drivers until you get sound through your PC speakers. Now write down the name of the driver that worked, and try Aux input again after checking Properties under the Entertainment menu Volume Control in Accessories.

M-Audio makes great sound devices, but they aren't as good at Windows as SPOON is - and once you get this working, I think you'll love Aux Input.

Getting these to work together may be a pain, but the results are well worth it....

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

Would anyone know if M-Audio is better than a new and nice, shiny, 7.1 surround sound Audigy 2?

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

That depends on what chip M-Audio is using. The VIA Envy chip is REALLY good, but it doesn't have a hardware decoder and lets the CPU do this. This DOES affect gaming performance a little, but... I'd recommend it over an Audigy.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

seriously?

This is strange....I've never even HEARD of m-Audio.

Comment

• OldCoder
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2003

That may be because M-Audio caters to the professional musician market, not to the PC market. But since musicians want to record to hard drives and play with sound, they make several PC interfaces too.

The folks who are often drawn to M-Audio are those who want to connect to their stereo (2 channel only) using solid RCA jack conneections, and are willing to pay a little more for higher sound quality.

If you compare these connectors with the 3 or 4 small stereo pin connections on most sound cards, they are *much* more solid. They also stay that way, where the mini-jacks tend to get loose over time, causing intermittent connections.

So, the old guys (like me) who have been into high fi for years before PCs were invented tend to prefer them since they are the same used on stereo equipment.

When everything works right, it sounds almost indistinguishable from a CD playing in a $300 to $600 cd player, but it is much more convenient and fun.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2004

It's still strange because my dad used to subscribe to the magazine Stereophile and we've never come across m-Audio.....what level of audiophile-ness is this?

I mean, at home the hifi equipment we have is an NAD L70 DVD-Receiver and some really nice PSB Platinum tower speakers and PSB bookshelf speakers...... It sounds a lot better than car stereo, of course...(Neil talks on and on)

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

Neil, it's possibly used in conjunction with studio recording equipment of sorts, perhaps for midi composition or other. Not simply to listen to pre-recorded music. http://www.synthesisers.co.uk/maudio2.htm

Comment

• neilthecellist
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2004

Oh. I un-der-stand now.

Comment

Working...

]]>