title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Option.txt outdated or incomplete info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastofugi
    • Mar 2005

Option.txt outdated or incomplete info

I noticed that at least one option is missing from the list shown at the ECC Details of Developer Corner - Creating a CLI Encoder, the option is [WriteWaveRIFF].
    I needed that option so bad that it would have been nice if it was documented; I wasted days trying to make the codec work without it.
    I wonder if there are other missing? Could someone show me where are the updated/complete info on that particular option and on the Option.txt file.
    Thanks to anybody helping.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Option.txt outdated or incomplete info

That area does need updating, I am hoping to combine that cli-stdio codec with the normal generic cli codec.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sastofugi
      • Mar 2005

Thank you for the prompt reply, but that do not answer any of my questions:

1) I wonder if there are other usable options like [WriteWaveRIFF] not documented and what they are?

2) Could someone show me where are the updated/complete info on that particular option and on the Option.txt file?

Thanks again for your time.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>[WriteWaveRIFF]

This is only used as part of the STDIO generic cli codec, I havn't got around to releasing it just yet, but is on my plans to do so (then will get that documentation).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sastofugi
          • Mar 2005

Dear Spoon,
          Your answers are prompt, but very unsatisfying. I really would like to know if there are more of these 'undocumented' options available.
          Reason is that some your 'plug-in' codecs are not working and I got one of them working using that option.
          However, I do not know if I am using it correctly, or if that is an option I should use for this, if there is a better one, what is the syntax and what is that that option actually does.
          I do not want to degrade the quality or speed or who know what.
          So are there more of such an options?
          What this option actually does and what is the syntax?
          Is it going to be there on newer version or is it going to be discontinued, so that my little workaround is not going to work anymore in the future?
          Where do I find more info on the STDIO generic cli codec options like that one.
          Thanks in advance again for your time and effort.
          Last edited by sastofugi; April 03, 2005, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

That option just writes a wave riff header into the streaming data, it is needed by some codecs with stdio (other ones you specify the channels/freq on the command line).

As I said the section / codec needs updating, and will be done ASAP.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>