title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get certain compressed formats to work with the built-in WAVE codec?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

How do I get certain compressed formats to work with the built-in WAVE codec?

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've started my own thread:

I've been making gameplay videos from Halo : Combat Evolved using FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com) sound included. Once I get the final video after recording the gameplay, the file is usually around 1-1.5 gigs so I compress it via DivX Pro in VirtualDub. (Get VirtualDub from http://www.sourceforge.net)

The problem: When I try to get sound to work in VirtualDub using Compression, Windows Media Audio version 1 and version 2 don't come up, so I'm forced to use stuff like IDAPCM or something like that.....also a lot of audio codecs don't work in VirtualDub.

I've noticed this problem with dBpowerAMP Music Converter too. Whenever I convert a file to WAVE and choose Compressed under the WAVE codec, a lot of the audio compression doesn't work. I really want Windows Media Audio v. 1 and v.2 and stuff like MP3 to work too under WAVE but it doesn't for some reason...I've seen people with divx files that had mp3 audio.....why can't mine?

Bleh....Did I make any sense? Should I clarify?
  • petriburg
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get certain compressed formats to work with the built-in WAVE codec?

Neil, you would probably find something useful in this forum:

and also, Hydrogen Audio - www.hydrogenaudio.com

You might like to bookmark these two - they will provide you with quite a lot of information about your current problems, and also, those of others.

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Re: How do I get certain compressed formats to work with the built-in WAVE codec?

um, but where on the sites does it explain my WAVE compressed audio problem?

Comment

• petriburg
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Neil, I did not search exhaustively through those two forums, but if you've done that and found nothing to assist you, then you could possibly get some additional help by posting on this forum:

A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!

You will need to register to post (it costs nothing), but there's a great deal of knowledgeable help available there. Might need to be a little patient for an answer, but I'm sure one will be forthcoming.

What was that old proverb? Seek and ye shall find? :smile:

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

thanks petriburg. I've posted there and am awaiting a quick reply.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try with a different PC to make sure it is possible (could be your windows).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

did that and the same thing happened.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2004

help me help me the ppl on the other forums didn't even RESPOND to any of my threads!!

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

update: problem solved. I learned what an ACM codec was. Silly me.

Comment

Working...

]]>