title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converted music not going to correct file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRH
    • Mar 2005

Converted music not going to correct file

I'm right clicking on a list of .shn files, and convertin them to MP4 files, and selecting the write them to the same file option. Takes the normal time to convert, but when it finishes, the new files are nowhere to be found (not in the same file and I cant find them via search). Any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Converted music not going to correct file

They will not have the same file name since for starters they have a different extension, namely .shn instead of .mp4. The file name BEFORE the extension may well be the same, but that makes them absolutely different file names, as they should be. Don't make the very serious blunder to request the original file to be deleted after conversion, you'll be very sorry.

Your files are going to whatever folder you defined last in dMC for the encoding codec. Look at that window and you will see where they go. It may or may not be c:\converted files, depending on what you last specified for that same codec - in your case now, Shorten.

Check the dMC FAQ forum section on how to enable your Windows Explorer to show file extensions for all file names. The unfortunate default is not to show them (how stupid and patronizing of Microsoft!)

Comment

• TRH
      • Mar 2005

No, I understand that. If the file name is xx.shn, it will be xx.mp4 - got it. I also understand that it will save it to the folder either specified specifically or the folder in which it resides (the option I chose). Problem is, it does not show up in the original folder or anywhere else after the conversion. Hope that makes it a bit more clear. I know it shows me as a new member, but I've been using dMC for over a year, I've just never needed to post a question.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

try converting them to the desktop. Do you still have problems?

After conversion, are they still there?

and if you have AIM, gimme your screen name, cuz I'm online right now (as every San Diegan teenager should be! ) and I can chat with you live to fix ur problem faster.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

On dMCs conversion page click 'rename' (next to where you select the codec) that will show where the files are going.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>